business class experience.

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by chevyrecycler34, Jul 12, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. chevyrecycler34

chevyrecycler34 Active Member

Hi y`all, for my 65th birthday, (not long off) I`ve promised myself and partner a business class flight when we next visit her daughter and grandchildren in Melbourne. We`re looking to fly from Heathrow and on seat/trip flight reviews I`ve seen reference to passengers being picked up by chauffer driven Mercedes, varying experiences with business class lounges etc. Are limo`s at extra cost etc ?
    I`ve flown with BA, Air France, Delta years ago transatlantic, and as a couple we`ve both flown Emirates, Qantas and lately Qatar to Australia in economy tho unfortunately all the varying airmile programs will have lapsed, Qatar being the meanest.
    But having said that I/We prefer the side by side seating in the business cabin on Qatar business class website as opposed to the weird arrangements of front/back seating "pods" on some other airlines.
    I fully realise as a newbie faced with a whole host of in the main very seasoned and very well (business/first) travelled members that this request for just what the business class "experience" feels like may be old hat but surely theres a first time for everyone/anyone to fly business.
    NYBanker likes this.
  2. TravelBear

TravelBear Gold Member

Many of the bloggers post their experiences in the various classes along with lots of pictures. Million Mile Secrets is famous for lots of photos (and red arrows :)). Milevalue also includes a number of posts regarding upfront service. Peruse these two blogs and you will get quite a bit of info!
    I have yet to experience long-haul business/first services but will in the future for sure.

Hope you find some useful info and Happy Early Birthday! :D

3. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Consider Korean Air Business Class. Their A380 J seats are all 2x2x2 lie flat seats, perfect for traveling with a companion. They (along with QF's 380 J seats) are the my favorite J lie flats because the seats don't extend under the seat in front of you when flat (as they do on many other J lie-flats). KE also offers two lounges for J pax, a small, quiet one in front and a full service bar (principally focused on Vodka) in the back.
    mattsteg and TravelBear like this.
  4. mattsteg
    Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

VA also does not extend under the seat and front, and has a business bar. They are 2-3-2 though.
  5. every one had different experiences in there life. I have just an awesome experience while traveling through British Airways. the best thing i like about it is one of the best place to spend our time.