Bureaucratic delay (2 branches of gov't.) got me free miles :)

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by kansaskeith, Nov 14, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. kansaskeith

kansaskeith Gold Member

Status Points:
    Always looking to snag free AA miles when I can. The county commissioners here voted last week to charge 2% on credit card transactions for making official payments (taxes, etc.) . On thousands of dollars - like property taxes - that would be considerable. But their resolution set the effective date 10 days off. This year's tax bills aren't in the mail yet, but the computer bureaucrats quietly went ahead and put the 2012 taxes online this morning. So I snuck in and snagged the thousands of miles (AA Citi Master Card), paid the taxes (which with my Citi billing cycle I don't have to settle til early December), and just got my payment receipt: "Fee 0.00." Whee :)

wrxmom, Counsellor, icurhere2 and 4 others like this.
  2. Slow_Mustang
    Original Member

Slow_Mustang Silver Member

Status Points:
    That is it, I am moving to Kansas. The Govt. computer nerds seem to be more tax-payer friendly.

kansaskeith likes this.
  3. Mapsmith
    Original Member

Mapsmith Gold Member

Status Points:
    We had a County Treasurer Candidate that wanted to allow CC payments for Taxes. (with the taxpayer paying about a 3% transaction fee. But she got defeated and the Points Luddite won.