Bullets found in baggage of MAF pax

Discussion in 'Travel Security' started by PhlyingRPh, Apr 12, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. PhlyingRPh
    Original Member

PhlyingRPh Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just crosed the checkpoint at MAF where a pax and his companion are busy explaining the bullets in his possession. The TSOs (all stripes) are all over it, interrogating the two pax and looking jolly pleased with themselves. It would be rather good fun if it didnt cause opt outs (i.e., me) to be delayed for 15 mins. Bullets in West Texas (or indeed anywhere in Texas) are not an anomally so I'm not sure why so many resources are needed just to ascertain why the good gentleman and his companion are a threat.

(approx 1:00PM Thursday April 12, 2012)

Jimgotkp and USAF_Pride like this.
  2. USAF_Pride
    Original Member

USAF_Pride Gold Member

Status Points:
    MAF has more than 4 TSA agents?!? I've never seen that many there :)

If they didn't find a gun, the bullets are fairly useless. Even if they broke the shells apart, it wouldn't explode.

PhlyingRPh and Jimgotkp like this.
  3. Jimgotkp
    Original Member

Jimgotkp Gold Member

Status Points:
    Doing whatever to make themselves look/feel good.

goalie, PhlyingRPh and USAF_Pride like this.
  4. PhlyingRPh
    Original Member

PhlyingRPh Silver Member

Status Points:
    Indeed. One minute I was 'educating' the ID checker about how the Global Entry card is in fact a government issued ID, and the next there was a platoon of TSO's and a single LEO swarming around a couple of passenger's. I counted ten uniformed TSO's at the checkpoint. The good thing is that with the exception of keeping me waiting for a pat down, which I did not appreciate very much, they kept the checkpoint moving. There was no code wetpants or games of freeze.

I will say that the TSO's at MAF are on par with those at MSY as being perhaps the most easy going and most willing to roll with and appreciate my checkpoint personality and general fear/mistrust of authority. They are a nice bunch, I suppose.

5. goalie
    Original Member

goalie Gold Member

Status Points:
    And the Secret Service wrestled the bullets to the ground...