Bulgari Shanghai Scheduled to Open in 2015

Discussion in 'Luxury Hotels' started by Jimgotkp, Nov 5, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Jimgotkp
    Original Member

Jimgotkp Gold Member

Status Points:
    [​IMG]

Bulgari Hotel & Resorts has announced the Bulgari Hotel in Shanghai.

The building was designed by architecture design team Foster+Partners, while the interiors will be designed for Bulgari by the architectural firm Antonio Citterio Patricia Viel and Partners.

The luxury hotel is said to juxtapose ancient and modern architectural themes in a reflection of the Suhe Creek surroundings, called “Gold Strand of Shanghai”.

The Bulgari Hotel in Shanghai will preside in the uppermost 12 floors of a 40-story building located in the riverside complex of the Zhabei District. Besides the highest standard of service for which Bulgari is famous, the hotel will feature remarkable amenities, including a magnificent spa and fine dining experiences in unprecedented settings.

The hotel is schedule to open in 2015.

Bulgari Hotels & Resorts is a luxury hospitality collection comprised of a few, selected properties in major cosmopolitan cities and luxury resort destinations. Each property is located in prime luxury neighborhood in the city, or prestigious areas of resort destinations. Each property are said to “make a strong reference to the local culture, yet be designed with an Italian contemporary luxury feel, enriched by rare and lavish materials, featuring design furniture and custom-built details”. The properties boast the Italian Bar and Restaurant, complemented by a local food experience in resorts, and by exclusive function spaces.

Information from: http://www.hotelmanagement.net/development-construction/bulgari-shanghai-announced-18189

uggboy likes this.
  2. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    Is this not a bit of a strange location to place a Bulgari hotel? Or am I missing something? I had to look at a map to find Suhe Creek- "gold strand of Shanghai?". Am I looking at the wrong place? And "12 floors of a forty story building in the Zhabei District"? Hardly Knightsbridge nor Bali AFAIK.

uggboy likes this.