Buenos Aires (EZE) - international airport basic info

Discussion in 'EZE | Ministro Pistarini International Airport' started by Gaucho, Aug 11, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    EZE is the airport where all long haul international flights arrive, not to be confused with AEP (Aeroparque Jorge Newbery), which is the city airport serving domestic and regional international flights.

EZE Airport Website
    http://www.aa2000.com.ar/aeropuertos.aspx

jbcarioca and zpaul like this.
  2. Bay Pisco Shark
    Original Member

Bay Pisco Shark Gold Member

Status Points:
    If one hasn't been to EZE since, say, October 2011, what improvements could one expect to find on a subsequent visit?

jbcarioca likes this.
  3. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    Please manage your expectations..... :confused:

zpaul and jbcarioca like this.
  4. Bay Pisco Shark
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I wonder if the arrival of EK will up the lounge game at that airport.

zpaul, jbcarioca and Gaucho like this.
  5. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    Very good point..... I guess it depends on how long EK will continue to serve EZE. From what Ive been hearing about the loads as of late, Im not too optimistic..... I guess we will have to wait and see.

Does anybody know what facilities current EK premium cabin pax are having to suffer with....????

Or maybe they are getting the AA200 VIP treatment...? :confused:

6. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    Nobody has yet posted in any of my usual places, but the load factors DXB-GIG-DXB have been around 80% so far according to EK GIG station manager. The space shows wide open when I have looked at GIG-EZE because I intend to fly EK to come visit you.

zpaul and Gaucho like this.
  7. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thats good news for the GRU service... I just wonder if the EZE feeder flight will continue with what appear to be dismal loads..... (???)

8. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    I doubt that they'll stop. I suspect they will try harder to promote it first. Of course, what do I know? I am just guessing, based on the stated EK strategy for the Southern Cone.

Gaucho and zpaul like this.
  9. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    Lets hope it stays...... as someone else pointed out, if EK stays at EZE long enough, this may up the lounge game for all the other carriers, and this can only mean good news for all of us that use the airport....

jbcarioca likes this.
  10. dhammer53
    Original Member

dhammer53 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Speaking of EZE... and AEP, for trips to the Falls, should I fly in to the Argentina or Brazil side?

Gaucho and jbcarioca like this.
  11. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    These are all about the Brazil side. Travel to IGU can get you *A (JJ), ST(G3), or OW(LA) depending on your choice. In any event you absolutely want to visit both sides, so the airport coice is a question more fo what you want to do other than IGU than it is about the falls. The Argentine side lets you walk out over the rushing waters and see teh drop from the high side. The Brazil side lets you descend on the side of the actual falls and has better views of the falls themselves. You absolutely want them both!
    http://milepoint.com/forums/threads/igu-iguassu-falls.8697/
    http://milepoint.com/forums/threads/brazil-foz-de-iguaçu-master-thread.6616/
    http://milepoint.com/forums/threads...palace-hotel-das-cataratas.5690/#post-1118066

Argentina threads:
    http://www.starwoodhotels.com/sheraton/property/overview/index.html?language=es_ES&propertyID=1152 (this is clearly SPG)
    http://milepoint.com/forums/threads/argentina-iguazu-falls-master-thread.3611/

If I were doing the trip I'd probably let pricing determine the choice, or my hotel preference. The Cataratas is more expensive than the Sheraton, but it more spectacular and is an Orient Express flagship. It is once in a lifetime. The Shgeraton is a Sheraton, but devoted SPG fans love it.

People who have not seen both sides usually favor the one they have seen. people who have been to both almost never say that; they insist on both. Some say you can do this in one day. Absurd! One day Argentina, one day Brazil. A helicopter ride over the falls and dam (Brazil side is the better choice) if you can afford it. A very wet boat ride (either side is the same thing). If you at all like technology an itaipu visit is superb, you actually do down inside the dame and visit the generators. That is Brazil side only (in theory Paraguay too, but don't bother with Paraguay).

I know i ddi not answer your question, but I hope I gave you enough ammunition to decide yourself.

Finally, there is only one Gaucho, and you find him near EZE.

Gaucho and dhammer53 like this.
  12. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    For those arriving into EZE, please BEWARE of the crooks at Global Exchange, these are the money exchange booth people that will offer you Pesos for your home currency. Do not transact with these guys, they will give you a 20-25% discount on your money... instead, go to the Banco Nacion booth and get the real value for your money.

13. dhammer53
    Original Member

dhammer53 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Mi Amigo, Aren't there ATM machines nearby?

14. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    There is an ATM of Banco de la Nacion Argentinas just to your left as you exit the international side.
    Just beyond the taxi counters you leave the building, turn left go around the corner and the ATM appears. There is not much point asking anyone because very few people know it is there.

skyvan and Gaucho like this.
  15. Bay Pisco Shark
    Original Member

Status Points:
    There is (I believe) a Citibank machine you will see on your left as you walk forward toward the outside, and also, there is an HSBC? closer to the outside door - behind you on the wall facing the door.

skyvan, Gaucho and jbcarioca like this.
  16. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    I did not know about either of those. HSBC say they do not have one, but they do not know all their ATM locations so I am not surprised. I hope one of those gives better rates than does BNA.

Gaucho likes this.
  17. Bay Pisco Shark
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I am talking about Terminal A - I don't know if they herd you quasi-Brasileros up and put you in a special terminal elsewhere. My rate on my ATM is always within a cent of the interbank rate with pretty much any machine I use in GBA.

18. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    ATMs are always better than the crooks at Global Exchange.....

jbcarioca likes this.
  19. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    The AA2000 crooks are spending quite a bit of $$$ advertising the upcoming opening of the new Terminal B and what looks like a complete facelift to all of EZE, this is supposed to happen in November of this year. Capacity should be boosted to 13 million pax per year.... still a joke in my book for an airport that is supposed to serve the Nations Capital of a wannabe serious tourist destination.... :rolleyes:

jbcarioca and Bay Pisco Shark like this.
  20. Bay Pisco Shark
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Well, from the signs of the most visible Argentine facelifts :eek: (that must never be viewed on an HDTV), I am not optimistic.

21. Bay Pisco Shark
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Come to think of it, no matter what a nice facelift they might do, the son of the most famous facelift might just eat the new terminal for lunch. :eek::eek::eek:

22. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    So... Abogado.... where is your review of the new Immigrasi procedures...??????

jbcarioca likes this.
  23. Bay Pisco Shark
    Original Member

Status Points:
    They take about as long as the old ones, perhaps a tad longer. They now have to ask your address and type it in, as opposed to reading it from the form.

24. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    Aha.... but then that means once you are in & out using the new system it should be a lot faster going forward.....

or....?

jbcarioca likes this.
  25. Bay Pisco Shark
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Or, we really don't know, because certain verbal reports have been that some agents just type in randomness, unrelated to the address given.