Buenos Aires - Cafe Des Arts at Malba Museum

Discussion in 'Argentina' started by Gaucho, Aug 11, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    Cafe des Art is a very good bistro which delivers much more than you can expect from a casual Museum Cafe. The menu is creative and changes seasonally, and one can see the hand of Chef Jerome Mathe in combining great local ingredients to his very French inspired culinary vision. Very good wine list, including various by the glass options. Outdoor seating is very nice, a great place to relax before or after strolling around the always interesting Malba Museum. Do not miss this place next time you are in town...

jbcarioca likes this.
  2. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for that, Gaucho. I shall try this next time I come to your fair city.

Gaucho likes this.
  3. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes.. and dont forget to budget time to visit the ongoing exhibits.... Mr. Constantini has an impressive private collection but he also has good friends in the top museums of the world and will almost always manage to have interesting stuff from other cities on display.

4. tothemoon

tothemoon New Member

Status Points:
    this cafe has wonderful "french" style desserts. an easy location to have a respite without the pressure of having to order a full meal. often, i would stop in for take out......to supplement my home cooked dinner. very sunny. wish that i could recall the name of a sweet and helpful waitress.......with a delightful scent.

5. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    Update... this Bistro is no longer at the Malba.