Budget rental car promotion & my problems

Discussion in 'Other Car Rental Programs' started by Samuel Rhoades, Feb 9, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Samuel Rhoades

Samuel Rhoades Silver Member

Status Points:
    The details:
    5,000 bonus points valid on a qualifying rental of 2 or more consecutive days at
    participating Budget airport and neighborhood locations in the U.S. and Canada.
    Please use coupon number MUHZ008 to receive bonus points offer.

My rant:
    SAT airport location only participates in Southwest. Would have been nice if they told me when I called the first time about my January rental that they wouldn't give me the HH points. I called both local & corporate and neither of them said anything about not participating until I was in the middle of 2nd rental.

Any idea on how to determine ahead of time (aside from calling, which I never remember) to determine if location is participating?

2. 2soonold
    Original Member

2soonold Gold Member

Status Points:
    [​IMG] Had that experience @ATL. When I showed up the second time to pick up the car, they told me ATL was a "non-participating" location.[​IMG]

3. DJP_707
    Original Member

DJP_707 Silver Member

Status Points:
  4. Explore
    Original Member

Explore Silver Member

Status Points:
    Even participating Budget locations haven't posted anyone's MUHZ008 points within 60+ days of the rental, according to an FT thread. I called Amex to contest the rental charge. I will insist they cancel it permanently if the points haven't posted within the contractual 90 days specified in the promotion.

5. rustyr
    Original Member

rustyr Active Member

Status Points:
    It's frustrating w/ Budget at times; last year or year before they were giving out 5k DL miles w/1 day rentals and they posted w/no problems. So far I have recievd nothing yet in regards to the HH/Goldpoints 5K promos. Just make sure you document everything, keep copies of the original T&C's and bug the hell out of them.