Budget Asian airline offers child-free zone

Discussion in 'Other Airlines | Asia/Australia' started by sobore, Aug 21, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/t...get-Asian-airline-offers-child-free-zone.html

Passengers flying with Scoot Airlines can be upgraded to the 41-seat “ScootinSilence” cabin in rows 21 to 25 for S$18 (£9), where children under the age of 12 are banned from sitting.

The child-free cabin offers more legroom than the rear section of the aircraft, with a 35-inch seat pitch, four inches more than in economy class.

The budget arm of Singapore Airlines is the latest carrier to introduce a child-free zone on planes.

Read More: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/t...get-Asian-airline-offers-child-free-zone.html

ChrisUNC and uggboy like this.
  2. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    This will make many people happy, I presume. Forgetting fully that they had been children too. ;)

3. ChrisUNC

ChrisUNC Silver Member

Status Points:
    It's a shame MP doesn't have a "love" button. To be fair, I must admit that I've encountered several adults on flights that behaved worse than children.

4. mommypoints

mommypoints Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have no problem with "child free zones" as it keeps those most likely to be super grumpy about sitting near a kid away. However, I think it would be great if in addition to "child free zones" there were "family friendly zones" that specifically catered to families. You could do simple things like serve drinks with a plastic lid, be sure to have a decent changing table in the closest lav, have crackers for families that forgot to bring them, etc. I know I'm dreaming here, but seems fair if you are going to ban children in one zone you would cater to families more in another.

uggboy likes this.