Budget airlines open up Asia's skies to the masses

Discussion in 'Other Airlines | Asia/Australia' started by AmericanGirl, Mar 13, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. AmericanGirl
    Original Member

AmericanGirl Silver Member

Status Points:
    http://nz.entertainment.yahoo.com/n...t-airlines-open-up-asias-skies-to-the-masses/
    March 13, 2011, 6:05 pmAFP

"So huge, in fact, that Airbus predicts that a third of all new planes will be sold into the region over the next 20 years -- 8,560 aircraft worth a cool $1.2 trillion.

The company has a backlog of over a thousand aircraft waiting to be delivered to the region. And of those, AirAsia has 175 firm orders for A320s, with a further 50 on option.

The airline continues to expand with the opening of three hubs in Kuching in the east Malaysian state of Sarawak, Chiang Mai in northern Thailand and Medan in Indonesia.

It is also launching operations in the Philippines later this year."

2. so far, I had almost 100 flights on this Airline, and the average ticket price I paid was less than 30 Euro.
    just yesterday booked another trip with them, cost me 125.000 Indonesian Rupiah, exactly 10 Euro (flight MES - PEN).
    Brandnew aircraft, nowadays always on time. Excellent safety-attitude, their Captains perform smoothest touch-downs to be experienced in Asia, friendly and cordial crew.
    this Airline has enriched my life in Asia in a dramatically way. thanks to them, I have been virtually EVERYWHERE in this region. and all that for usually less of what a Taxi ride from an Airport to downtown would cost in Europe

3. Certainly the best choice for low budget flights in Asia! Flown with them countless of times, all good except for their landing terminal in Malaysia (LCCT) which is more like a bus-stop.