Budapest

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by jgg630, Sep 22, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. jgg630

jgg630 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Will have 2 days in Budapest arriving Saturday after Thanksgiving. Need suggestions for must sees and places to eat. Will be staying Hilton.
    Thank you

Mirror74 likes this.
  2. Mirror74

Mirror74 Gold Member

Status Points:
    There are two Hiltons in Budapest... must see place is the Castle District on Buda side... and of couse riverside... Budapest is very easy to navigate...

Wandering Aramean likes this.
  3. jgg630

jgg630 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I believe it is Hilton West End.

4. Mirror74

Mirror74 Gold Member

Status Points:
    OK, this one is very close to Nyugati station (useful for airport transfer) and part of WestEnd shopping center (usuful for taking luch or dinner, as shopping center has food court on the basement level)... and there is also subway stop right beneath the hotel... is you have status, there is also nice lounge (not as nice as at Hilton Castle hotel, though)...

5. jgg630

jgg630 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am Gold withHilton. I have 2 rooms booked with points so I'm not expecting status to get me much, but it would be nice. Have you done the caves? One in my party wants to do this but first it will be December and second claustrophobia.

6. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    I stayed at this property a couple of years ago and gave my impressions of it here, with pictures... Great city, but not one of the best Hiltons

7. jgg630

jgg630 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the link.

8. mgrepo

mgrepo Silver Member

Status Points:
    I was there earlier this month for a few days. I bought the Budapest Card, which includes all city public transit use and two free walking tours (Buda side and Pest side), as well as free or discounted entrance to several museums. I thought the tour of the Parliament Building was great, but that might require some pre-planning (buy tickets in advance online).

9. Mirror74

Mirror74 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I must say I rather like both Hiltons in Budapest. Each has its strong sides...

10. WilCo
    Original Member

WilCo Silver Member

Status Points:
    Here is the link where I gave some suggestions previously. Let me know if you have other questions.