Brussels connection

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by sfo1, Jun 21, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. sfo1
    Original Member

sfo1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Am thinking of connecting to a Brussels Airlines flight, arriving on UA in Brussels at 0730, flight departs 0900, is this enough time to clear customs and security?

YULtide likes this.
  2. YULtide

YULtide Gold Member

Status Points:
    I connected in BRU twice last month, arriving from YUL one way and from NBO the other. The NBO connection was shorter at 1:40, but there was plenty of time. Even managed to stop for coffee on the way.

We didn't have to do customs or immigration either direction, though I should think an hour and a half ought to be ok.

sfo1 likes this.
  3. sfo1
    Original Member

sfo1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I will have to go through customs and immigration as I will be arriving from and Interntional flight and going on to a flight to MAD

YULtide likes this.
  4. desamo

desamo Gold Member

Status Points:
    Schengen or not?

5. Yavamos

Yavamos Active Member

Status Points:
    More than enough - we've even made an international connection in less than an hour, when our initial flight was delayed. Bags didn't make it, though... but that's another story.
    If PQM's matter to you, you may want to check your Brussels Air flights... they often are not eligible for mileage on United.

YULtide and sfo1 like this.
  6. sfo1
    Original Member

sfo1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Booking W class and according to the their website 100% and when I book the flights on UA it also shows that flight at 100%

7. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Still plenty of time IME. It is a very easy airport to connect through.

8. stephenbgarvan

stephenbgarvan Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have flown through Brussels a few times in last years- that should be enough time...

9. Sedosi

Sedosi Gold Member

Status Points:
    Should be plenty of time. I had 1:45 through there once and the wife even had time to buy coffee and snacks. Almost the same thing you're doing, from US to Brussels to MAD.

10. sfo1
    Original Member

sfo1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks to all for your advice on connection time in Brussels. Have decided to skip Brussels, as the connection in the US is back east and it will be the middle of winter, and don't want to have the headache regarding snow. So will fly UA from SFO to FRA and then onward from there to LIS on LH, less chance of the "snow blues"