Brussels Airlines - BRU-IAD 5x a week

Discussion in 'Star Alliance' started by paladinua, Jun 26, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. paladinua

paladinua Silver Member

Status Points:
    • Brussels Airlines commenced services on its second route from Brussels (BRU) to the US, as it launched flights to Washington, DC (IAD) on 18 June, almost exactly a year after the start of its New York JFK route. Previously served by SABENA 12 years ago, the route connects two important Star Alliance hubs creating dozens of new possibilities. Brussels Airlines’ CEO, Bernard Gustin, “In four years we have doubled our long haul fleet from four to eight aircraft. We have added four intercontinental destinations to our network and have increased flight frequencies on several routes. The launch of Washington is part of our strategy to operate the most important intercontinental destinations from Brussels Airport ourselves, to offer passengers a comfortable and direct travel option.”
    http://www.anna.aero/2013/06/26/new...ail&utm_term=0_ecdbf41674-8c3b0033a1-86827396
    I can't seem to find any award availability for SN via UA yet, but I've only done a handful of searches in August, and June... has anyone else had any luck?

2. kyunbit
    Original Member

kyunbit Silver Member

Status Points:
    would be eagerly waiting for this

uggboy likes this.
  3. tommy777
    Original Member

tommy777 Co-founder

Status Points:
    I saw the Brussels Airlines business seat on display in Brussels and it looked very nice, kind of like the Swiss new biz seat

paladinua and uggboy like this.
  4. paladinua

paladinua Silver Member

Status Points:
    It looks like one of Delta's BusinessFirst Seats -- nice seats but if I recall correctly, you're laying like 3-6 inches above deck...