Broken Bluebird

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Credit Cards' started by FranklyMe, Dec 10, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. FranklyMe

FranklyMe Active Member

Status Points:
    Since I opened my Bluebird account over a year ago I have been complaining about the shoddy website: poor design, lack of features, etc.

Then today I received an email with the heading Introducing Your New Bluebird Account Experience. I thought at last they had heard my complaints and fixed the flaws (too many to mention here except that it looked and felt like it was written by a 5 year-old). So, quite excited, I tried to pay my bills that are due.

Not so fast - not only is the look still bad (for example: despite the large fonts, the fields are so small that I cannot distinguish which vendor I am paying) but, most importantly, it just doesn't work at all. I cannot pay a bill at all. It gets as far as the first screen and when i press the Review button - dead. In about a dozen tries it got to the next screen once only to fail there. No error messages, just nothing.

I called and after trying 3 different browsers they admitted that I was not the only one whose money is held captive. They gave me a ticket number with a call-back time-frame of 3 to 5 business days - too late for these bills. Looks like I can't drop my regular bank after all.

Anyone else have experience with Bluebird today?

nancychef1 and Gargoyle like this.
  2. MX

MX Gold Member

Status Points:
    It crashed my web browser, but I was able to input a bill payment on the 2nd try. I was also able to block the extreemely annoying nag frame with the Element Hiding Helper for AdBlock.

3. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    I must be looking at a different website. Just happened to pay a bill and it worked fine. FF 17 ESR on Mac.

4. TUMD

TUMD Silver Member

Status Points:
    I had the same problem with Safari on my Mac today, but then it worked fine once I pulled it up on Firefox.

5. FranklyMe

FranklyMe Active Member

Status Points:
    Still unable to pay bills - at last Bluebird acknowledges they have a problem. They expect a fix today. Let's see.

I have tried 3 browsers, 3 different computers/tablets with varying operating systems. I have no problem loading my Bluebird account. It's always been a very weak site, but this is ridiculous.

6. MX

MX Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm experiencing the same -- BB stopped working altogether. :mad:
    They apparently rely on javascript from a provider with horrible ratings.

7. harrismargaret9

harrismargaret9 New Member

Status Points:
    I agree with you MX their ratings are really horrible.

8. LarryInNYC

LarryInNYC Gold Member

Status Points:

9. Muerl
    Original Member

Muerl Gold Member

Status Points:
    How do providors of Javascript have ratings?

Do you mean the CDN?

I have not had issues with the new site, however Mint seems to have issues with it.

10. FayeReads

FayeReads Active Member

Status Points:
    Finally got it to work using the Bluebird app on my iPhone. Still won't work on Firefox, IE, or Safari.

Ed Chandler likes this.
  11. MX

MX Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm beginning to see a pattern to BB's behavior. It appears that payments to some lenders go out with no problems. Payments to some other payees only go through below a certain amount, and rejected otherwise. And still other payees can not be paid at all, with the system hanging up and nothing happening. For example, I can no longer send payments for my car loan in any amount.
    I'm using links to rating services provided by the browser plugin NoScript. Here's an example for one of the resources involved, with the scorecard here.

12. Muerl
    Original Member

Muerl Gold Member

Status Points:
    Seems to be this product : http://www.adobe.com/products/audiencemanager.html Looks like some kind of user engadgment tracking toolkit.

The amounts issue is definitely strange. The only thing I have had is being unable to add was mailing a check to a dr of mine.

Also thank you for reminding me that I need to see how horrible my website performs in NoScript. I had personally found that nearly everything either worried or bothered me from websites was in flash and so I run FlashBlock instead of NoScript by default.

MX likes this.
  13. FranklyMe

FranklyMe Active Member

Status Points:
    I am beginning to think it's the old PO Box problem they had some months ago.
    I was able to send myself a check today with the Pay a person option - that's to my home address, no PO Box.
    I would experiment more but now I have reached my limit for the month.

14. Ed Chandler
    Original Member

Ed Chandler Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm in the same boat. Since the site redesign, I can't pay a bill. I can get to the page with the "Review" button but then it does nothing when I click the button. I've tried Chrome and IE.

However,
    Thanks for the tip! The phone app worked.

15. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Try FF? I have no problems.

(not defending that you have to perhaps use a particular browser... a few weeks before the new site came online I started having problems logging in with Chrome. Not exactly defensible)

16. Muerl
    Original Member

Muerl Gold Member

Status Points:
    So, I finally ran afoul of this mess. I tried paying my mortgage and it would not transfer (the button would not respond) no matter the browser, I tried FF/Chrome/Safari. I gave up and went back the next day to pay. This is where things get strange.

I set up the payment to my bank. It went through, after some time, and I got the confirmation emails etc and I was busy and didn't read it until Saturday. The payment had not gone to my mortgage but had instead gone to my student loan.

So I called on Saturday and they told me I would contacted today, and Now today I am calling back and on hold for a supervisor. *sigh* And I had plans to be on hold with SOMEONE else today on my day off ...

17. MX

MX Gold Member

Status Points:
    Ouch, sorry to hear. :( Using the new website is almost like trying to sign up for "affordable" healthcare. Maybe nuking the website was part of amex's devious plan to better reach their target demographic.

Muerl likes this.
  18. Ed Chandler
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Just reporting back that I've been able to pay bills with the mobile app for a few weeks now, so that was an awesome suggestion. Thanks.

19. TUMD

TUMD Silver Member

Status Points:
    Have people had any problems with loading VR's on to BlueBird? I loaded $500 on it today and when I went to load the second $500 it bounced back. I tried it 3 times and then gave up and thought I would try again tomorrow. Anyone have a similar issue where?

20. Ed Chandler
    Original Member

Status Points:
    ... Only when I accidentally try to load more than $5k. :)

Muerl likes this.
  21. TUMD

TUMD Silver Member

Status Points:
    I write down every time I load my BB so I know that the first $500 put me at $3500 for the month and I checked my transactions so I am a bit puzzled. Guess I will try again in a couple days.

22. Muerl
    Original Member

Muerl Gold Member

Status Points:
    After hours on hold, I got the supervisor from saturday night when I first reported the issue. He agreed to get on a conference call with Sallie Mae and explain the situation to them. Sallie Mae then agreed to mail me a check for the payment result. The good news is of course I can float the mortgage for another month (because It was already on a credit card anyway) but it was a pain in the ass.

MX likes this.
  23. Jenny & Curt
    Original Member

Jenny & Curt Gold Member

Status Points:
    Had the same problem. Tried again 1/2 hour later and it went through fine.

24. TUMD

TUMD Silver Member

Status Points:
    Got it working today!

25. ariosto

ariosto Silver Member

Status Points:
    Same here :cool: