Broadway tickets

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by tulane09, Jan 2, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. tulane09

tulane09 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Fiance and I are going to NYC for Valentine's Day, neither one of us has ever seen a broadway show. Any tips for getting the least expensive tickets, or at least most bang for your buck?

Newscience likes this.
  2. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    Go to the day-of-show half-price TKTS booths, in Times Square, downtown Brooklyn, or the South Street Seaport:

http://www.tdf.org/TDF_ServicePage.aspx?id=56

We've been doing this for many years. It's always a blast to stand in line and trade stories with your dozens of theater-going friends about which plays/shows to attend! ;)

Efilon87, MSYgirl and tulane09 like this.
  3. tulane09

tulane09 Silver Member

Status Points:

I like this, right up my alley.

Newscience likes this.
  4. LarryInNYC

LarryInNYC Gold Member

Status Points:
    First, see if either of you can qualify for TDF membership, which gets you discounted tickets to shows without having to wait on line, and with deeper discounts and broader inventory (sometimes) than what's available at the booths:

If you don't qualify, then I recommend using one of the booths other than the Times Square booth. Times Square can develop quite a line, South Street (for instance) won't have one. However, inventory is not the same at all locations, you can check what's available where before heading out.

anileze likes this.