British Airways vs. Air Tahiti Nui in Business?

Discussion in 'British Airways | Executive Club' started by jnyama, Jan 22, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. jnyama

jnyama Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hi--trying to get opinions on a reward flight I'm trying to book (first time!) from LAX-CDG and back. I'm using AA miles (I am gold with them) and hoping to fly business. Calling up, they gave me options of flying either British Airway or Air Tahiti Nui--the Air Tahiti is nonstop and cheaper, given the taxes/fees involved with BA, but I'm told the experience is nicer with BA.

Any thoughts on BA versus Air Tahiti? The difference would be around $250 o/w. I don't drink, but seat comfort, and food are relatively important to me.

Thanks!

NYBanker likes this.
  2. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    This is a pretty good question and involves a pretty simple decision.

The answer depends on what you consider acceptable for a seat.

Here is Air Tahiti Nui's seat.
    http://www.airtahitinui-usa.com/inflight/business.asp

If this is ok for you, then do it. Recognize the seat in front if you (except if you are in the bulkhead) will recline into your space somewhat.

If it is not ok, go BA where you'll be in a complete lay flat seat in j.

3. LAXtraveler
    Original Member

LAXtraveler Gold Member

Status Points:
    Having had to make this decision before, I went with BA, even though the Air Tahiti flight was cheaper. The BA J experience is much better IMHO and worth the extra bit of time if not in a rush. The connection times I had in LHR were just right and I had no delays in either direction.

jnyama likes this.
  4. ukgooner
    Original Member

ukgooner Silver Member

Status Points:
    You can also break your journey on the way if you wanted - and pop into London for the day (or even overnight)...