British Airways Visa 2012 Benefits

Discussion in 'Other Credit Card Programs' started by ducster, Apr 20, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. ducster
    Original Member

ducster Gold Member

I just got this in the mail today, and didn't see anything posted yet - forgive me if this is a duplicate.

The three new benefits that they are touting are:

Smart Chip Technology- Chip and Signature, which I know was discussed in an earlier thread. They tout that chip cards are required at unattended kiosks in the Tube, so I hope this will make things easier even though it's not chip and pin. I called to get one earlier today.

Expanded Redemption Options- using Avios to pay for hotels, rentals, Eurostar, etc.

10% Discount off BA Flights- When you book on, you get 10% off the total cost of the fare, including taxes, fuel and surcharges, in any class of service. Book your flight through and enter the discount code CARDOFFERU to receive the discount at time of booking. Flights must be booked and outbound travel completed between now through December 31, 2012. 10% discount lets you save on flights for as many as eight friends traveling on the same booking. Discount is only valid on BA mainline flights, not on code share or franchise carriers.

Of all of these benefits, the one would be most compelling for me is the Smart Chip card, which may convince me not to cancel the BA card, at least not until the other cards that I use more catch up to the technology. What I read on the Hyatt thread, though, was that the BA Chip & Signature was crappy on the continent, so I'm interested to hear if people have more data points.
  2. TheTravelAbstract

TheTravelAbstract Silver Member

I got this today too.

Though it was something way cooler than it was.

BA got my hopes up!
  3. onfo

onfo Silver Member

I noticed they mention this as well. I found it surprising since I was in London last week and could not use my BA Card at the kiosks because I don't have a pin. Otherwise, I found the chip & sig accepted throughout London, Helsinki, and Rajasthan.