British Airways Passenger's Bags Covered in Sewage at Heathrow Airport After Pipe Bursts

Discussion in 'British Airways | Executive Club' started by sobore, Sep 5, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.travelerstoday.com/artic...ewage-lost-luggage-dirty-airports-england.htm

When considering the worst things that can happen to luggage, people might think of theft or loss, but for dozens of British Airways travelers, something unthinkable happened. Their luggage was covered in sewage when a pipe burst at the airport.

About 100 suitcases were covered in sewage when a pipe in the sewage system of Heathrow Airport's Terminal 5 exploded in the baggage holdings area on Monday. Passengers had to wait days to receive their luggage as the airport sent the suitcases to be cleaned.

marcwint55 likes this.
  2. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    I wouldn't even want my suitcase after that, cleaned or not... I'm filing a claim and you send me a check and keep the bag that took a sewage shower. :)

sobore, estnet, LETTERBOY and 2 others like this.
  3. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:
    please forward this to the two idiots suing United for their sex toy taped to the baggage. perhaps they will re-consider.

LETTERBOY likes this.
  4. estnet
    Original Member

estnet Gold Member

Status Points:
    Neither would I!

LETTERBOY likes this.
  5. Globaliser
    Original Member

Globaliser Silver Member

Status Points:
    Ah well, sh!t happens.