British Airways actually made me smile!

Discussion in 'British Airways | Executive Club' started by Dad to GO, Nov 13, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Dad to GO

Dad to GO Silver Member

Status Points:
    I had a pleasant surprise this morning... courtesy of British Airways. I recently adjusted on of the legs on our trip we have planned in May... I didn't change the class of service... the only thing that changed was the date. Well when I went to check my credit card account this morning I noticed a $300 credit from British Airways. I'm not sure if it's from an adjustment in taxes?? Seems like a big adjustment for a FCO-LHR flight. But... I'm not complaining. They've made my schedule better AND our trip a little cheaper!

2. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    Interesting ....are sure they didnt change your outbound to be out of LGW? Total taxes for two tixs FCO/LHR R/T in Club Europe runs about $500 not sure how you would avoid that.

3. Dad to GO

Dad to GO Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm only traveling one way that route. I'm going FCO-LHR-LAX... When I originally booked and paid the taxes everything seemed right on par with what I was predicting for the class of service. I also didn't get charged any change fee which I was expecting.

4. Globaliser
    Original Member

Globaliser Silver Member

Status Points:
    Did you reduce your time between flights at LHR from over 24 hours to under 24 hours? If so, it may be a refund of UK Air Passenger Duty that's no longer payable. Departing LHR for LAX in any cabin other than economy, it would be a refund of £130 per person, or £260 for two = ~USD 413. If BA deducted a change fee of $50 or $60 per person, that would get you to about the right number.

Dad to GO likes this.
  5. EZEIZA
    Original Member

EZEIZA Silver Member

Status Points:
    Well deduced.