British Airways 2 for 1 Booking Help!

Discussion in 'British Airways | Executive Club' started by Dad to GO, Sep 6, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Dad to GO

Dad to GO Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hi Everyone,

I have been looking on British Airways website and I am trying to book 2 adult tickets and 1 infant ticket using our 2 for 1 companion pass. Since we will have an infant we feel that it would be best to get tickets in Business class but would take First class. We'd like to depart from California to LHR and then return from Rome to LAX. The problem is that we are limited on the time when we can use the pass due to work and our schedule. We would like to use it in May 2013 and we can't be gone the first week or last week due to work. I know... not a lot of options but its all we can do. Does anybody have any suggestions on where to look for this availability OR on any services that we can use to help us find these tickets?

Here is a breakdown of our needs.
    2 adult tickets and 1 infant ticket
    Business class preferred but would take 1st class.
    Travel in May 2013 between 5/7 and 5/25 for two weeks
    Leave from California (LAX, SFO, or SAN) and arrive in LHR
    Return from Rome and arrive in California (LAX, SFO, or SAN)

Everyone on here is so knowledgeable so any help/direction that you can provide would be greatly appreciated!

Gary

tondoleo likes this.
  2. Dad to GO

Dad to GO Silver Member

Status Points:
    Oh... I should clarify. When I say any "services" I am talking about booking services that are able to help get these tickets booked for a service fee. "bookyouraward", etc.

tondoleo likes this.
  3. Globaliser
    Original Member

Globaliser Silver Member

Status Points:
    The BA website.
    No external service can get you any seats that are not available on the BA website; they do not have access to special inventory that's not available to the public.

If it helps, I can see two F seats SFO-LHR on 18 May and two J seats SAN-LHR on 13 May (so you just need to buy a cash ticket for the infant). There are also enough J seats PHX-LHR on 13 and 14 May. Getting back to the west coast later in the month should not be a problem.

For the short-hauls, if there's no award availability you could just buy a separate cash ticket on BA, which then comes with few disadvantages compared to buying a through ticket. After all, you have to pay separately for the short-hauls anyway whether it's with miles or cash.

4. Steven Schwartz
    Original Member

Steven Schwartz Gold Member

Status Points:
    We had to change our itinerary last summer and coming back from Copenhagen to Newark, we had two separate confirmation numbers. Upon check-in, they had no problem checking our baggage through. And even tho the first leg (CPH to LHR) was Economy, they gave us the First Class baggage allowance for the entire return.

I too was worried about it but there was no problem at all.

5. Dad to GO

Dad to GO Silver Member

Status Points:
    Okay great... so the question of the day is if I book our flights using the 2 for 1 but later find that I can get a business/first ticket from our "local" airport of LAX can I just call and have them switch our flights to the new ones and just pay the change fee of $40 or whatever it is? That would make me feel a lot better knowing that I could have my trip booked but still able to adjust it if needed.

Thanks!

Gary