Bringing United Expert Mode+ to the Beta Site

Discussion in 'Wandering Aramean Travel Tools' started by Wandering Aramean, Jul 21, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

The new beta site has been in production for many months now, including a stint in an open beta – accessible to anyone – since mid May. With all the differences in the site getting some of my tools updated to work properly with it has proven to be a challenge but, thanks to the help of a friendly reader, I’m happy to say that the Expert Mode+ browser extension is now updated and functional with the new code.

The Expert Mode+ extension expands all the details tabs and highlights award inventory. Green is good; red is bad.

The gist of the extension is simple: It will highlight the inventory bucket details for each flight, showing off the availability (or lack thereof) for award and upgrade options. This does require that the user is fully logged in to the site when searching and also that they have set their profile to enable “Expert Mode” in their settings.

The new United site loads data differently than the old one so the process of expanding all the tabs and getting the information to highlight is a bit slower. But it does work. It also integrates with the fare box calendar widget at the top of the page so as you switch dates – even without resubmitting the whole search – the script will update the page, expanding all the inventory details and highlighting the inventory buckets for awards & upgrades.

Because of the way this one works (external dependency on jQuery) I can only get it working on Chrome right now. If someone knows how to tweak that so it works on Firefox and other extensible browsers without having the jQuery.min.js file embedded in the package feel free to share and I’ll give it a try. But I mostly use Chrome so that’s what I developed for.

And, again, a huge thanks to CS for pointing me in the right direction; I had mostly given up on this one.

Related Posts:

The post Bringing United Expert Mode+ to the Beta Site appeared first on Wandering Aramean.

Continue reading...
    HaveMilesWillTravel likes this.
  2. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

$766 from EWR to Vegas? Ouch!