Brg stinks

Discussion in 'Starwood | Preferred Guest' started by ballardFlyer, Oct 4, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. ballardFlyer

ballardFlyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    BRG is a joke at SPG now. I want my time back in submitting claims. They only will allow it if they see the price when they check it which is usually 24-48 hrs after you submit the webform. You also can't submit your own evidence or screenshots. Why bother!

Last edited: Oct 4, 2013
    KathInJax and uggboy like this.
  2. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    That's bad.

KathInJax likes this.
  3. KathInJax

KathInJax Silver Member

Status Points:
    I just had 4 BRG's approved. The time did take a little longer, about 36 hours, but it worked like it has in the past for me.

lcpteck, ballardFlyer and uggboy like this.
  4. estnet
    Original Member

estnet Gold Member

Status Points:
    A new reason for denial - they changed the way they compare rates from their own rules and even when I pointed out that what they said wasn't correct then they changed it again! (of course in their favor)

skyvan and KathInJax like this.
  5. KathInJax

KathInJax Silver Member

Status Points:
    Could you give specifics on what the denial was for?

Here are a few things that I have learned:

If a competing rate includes breakfast, it is a package rate and is (usually) not a valid rate for BRG.
    If your competing rate is outside the US, then try to use a VPN to see what rates are shown on the website. Some websites have different rates based upon your location.
    Your competing rate must beat the lowest rate on SPG.
    Screenshots will not help - if the rate is gone when they look for it, then it is gone.
    While the 2,000 points is great, sometimes there are cheaper promos. Check pay your birth year promo, especially if your were born in the 40's, 50's or 60's!

KENNECTED likes this.
  6. frenchie2kiss

frenchie2kiss Active Member

Status Points:
    I just had my first BRG approved. it took less than 24 hours. The rate I picked was a non-refundable rate on SPG and also the competing site. I was very happy that it got approved as the claim was for two rooms six days each.

7. sc9457

sc9457 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I had success with a one night stay BRG just last week. I like calling Hyatt more for BRG but filling out the form was easy and they responded within 24 hours.