BREAKING: Loyalty program & hotel brands changing names

Discussion in 'Accor | Le Club Accorhotels' started by thewinchester, Sep 13, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. thewinchester
    Original Member

thewinchester Silver Member

Status Points:
    This has just been brought to my attention via Twitter. I'm still digesting the info, but needless to say I'm not at all impressed by the changes.

So far;
    * Ibis, All Seasons and Etap are now consolidated into a single brand (Ibis), with All Seasons becoming Ibis Styles, and Etap now Ibis Budget;
    * A|Club renamed Le Club Accorhotels

This renaming in my view creates unnecessary brand complexity. Consumers (well at least myself) readily understand what each brand means. These suffixes to differentiate classes within the Ibis brand will just add unnecessary confusion.

As for renaming A|Club, there's far more important things they could be focusing attention on with their loyalty program rather than dumping money into what essentially amounts to a rebadging.

More to come.

http://www.accor.com/en/news/dynami...s-the-first-stone-of-accors-new-strategy.html

Sent using my Roman era abacus

OY-JFS, snap, uggboy and 1 other person like this.
  2. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    The Accor Group is revamping its economy brands in a bid to increase clarity and consistency.
    ibis remains ibis, but all seasons becomes 'ibis styles' and Etap Hotel becomes 'ibis budget', reflecting the stronger consumer awareness of the ibis name.
    Accor aims to implement the changes worldwide by early 2013 - and modernise the hotels and improve bedding comfort at the same time.
    Changes are also earmarked for common areas, F&B and technology.
    The group is introducing a new 'Open New Frontiers in Hospitality' tagline to reflect the corporate changes and changing face of hospitality in a digital age.
    For more information, visit accorhotels.com

3. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
  4. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points: