Brain wrecked: What hotel comparison site am I thinking of?

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by Ant, Mar 2, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Ant
    Original Member

Ant Silver Member

Status Points:
    OK, I'm giving myself a brain ache now! Somewhere out there is a rather nifty hotel comparison website that I've used before. What it does is find live prices, and allows me to search over a large area for hotels and break it down by brand as well. I think there was a map too.

So for instance, I could search for London and then I could specify 200KM from London. I could also choose brand, ie IHG Hotels. I could then sort by lowest price and then it would show me that cheapest Holiday Inn is (for example) £29 a night at Stonehenge. I could then go to IHG's website and that £29 rate would be there.

A great website for mattress runs, if I could find it!

2. JohnDeere19
    Original Member

JohnDeere19 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hotwire?

3. Ant
    Original Member

Ant Silver Member

Status Points:
    No, but thanks, I'm afraid it's not that. I was thinking it was Travelocity, but I can't find any advanced search there. I tried Orbitz and Octopus, but neither of those do the main thing I was looking for, which is to search for instant prices (on one page) over a large geographical area. I'll get there!

4. MyMiles&Points
    Original Member

MyMiles&Points Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Was it hotelscombined or kayak?

Ant likes this.
  5. Ant
    Original Member

Ant Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks! They seem to be doing the job, but I'm not convinced they're showing all IHG hotels for some reason. For example, I did a 50 miles search from Huddersfield and it didn't pick up any of the West Yorkshire hotels.

I'll have to have more of a play...

MyMiles&Points likes this.
  6. miles and smiles
    Original Member

miles and smiles Gold Member

Status Points:
    There is also biddingtraveler.com

7. MyMiles&Points
    Original Member

MyMiles&Points Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Yes, I find that their search is not comprehensive, but I can sometimes get the right hotel to show in a big city by naming the town/suburb name.

8. DanJ
    Original Member

DanJ Gold Member

Status Points:
    I do remember something similar on travelocity years ago, but I haven't used their site in a long time. I used to select "search by airport", type in FLL and radius of whatever miles/km I felt like. Then you could sort by brand or price. I found it somewhat cumbersome because I wasn't really looking for "Bob's Seaside Motel".

MyMiles&Points likes this.