Boston local originating AA Mile Run

Discussion in 'Mileage Runs/Travel Hacking' started by iharris, Feb 12, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. iharris

iharris Member

You folks have not failed me yet....but I'll push it here

I am looking for a MR starting from the Boston area on American. I dont have a specified amount of miles that I need although I am currently in a 3/4 of the way through a Gold Challenge and would love to upgrade to a Platinum over the next couple of weeks. Ideally, I'd do the MR over a Sat/Sun/Monday and end in Chicago and then fly back Thu/Fri to BOS.

I'm flexible on weekly timing...thanks all
    marcwint55 likes this.
  2. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

check flights to Shanghai going through Chicago. There are usually some cheap fares available.
    timfrost likes this.
  3. timfrost

timfrost Silver Member

I would second Marc's suggestion for PVG. I've seen fares from LAX (my home airport) to PVG via ORD for as little as $697 return. If you can find that fare it's under 4cpm for 17604 miles, and may be worth flying another $300 BOS-LAX-BOS on either end of the trip. The lowest I see right now is depart 26Mar for $794, still a steal at 4.5cpm for that many miles. Requires an overnight in Chicago between LAX-ORD and ORD-PVG depending on what you book. This is in sharp contrast to around $1200 for originating in BOS or ORD for the exact same trip and dates; perfect example of a hidden city fare. Keep in mind the China 72 hour visa business.