Bose 1500 UA Mile bonus: Anybody have the link?

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by Travelsavant, Jul 28, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Travelsavant
    Original Member

Travelsavant Gold Member

Status Points:
    About a month back, I got a MileagePlus email for 1500 mile bonus for the Bose Quiet Comfort earphones; naturally, now that I'm ready to buy, darned if I can find the link.

Anybody know about this & do you have the link? I didn't see it on the UA site.

2. KenInEscazu

KenInEscazu Gold Member

Status Points:
    Those specials are always "limited time" offers, so you may not be able to get it right now. I got one in January on the very same day that mine were stolen out of my bag at MIA. I ordered them on the spot. Since then I left their replacement on a Copa flight and soon thereafter got a similar offer from AA, so I bought them again. Between 3 thefts and twice leaving them on planes, I have now purchased 6 pair. I can't help the theft part, but I don't think I'll ever leave them on a plane again. Even if I do, I'll buy another pair. The QC 15 is the ultimate IMHO.

Travelsavant likes this.
  3. Travelsavant
    Original Member

Travelsavant Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks. I am getting the QC15's. Maybe I'll call & see if they will extend me the offer as I want to get a pair now before my next round of lots of flying commences.

4. bungalow1225

bungalow1225 Active Member

Status Points:
    Good luck getting the miles. I responded to an email offer, same deal, more or less, for the QC15s. The miles never appeared (this was more than 6 months ago, last autumn/early winter).

After 3 months, I called United, they said "Call Mileage Plus." I called the MP number, they said "Call Bose." I called Bose, the guy told me they would contact MP and "look into it." He also told me that you should "always make those purchases over the phone, the online purchases seem to generate complaints about the miles not being credited." Like I said, to this day, no miles.

FWIW, hope you have success with it where I did not. By the way, for less money, I found the Sennheiser PXC 250-II folding headphones (noise canceling) to be better for travel - they are way more compact. They aren't as sturdy though.

Travelsavant likes this.
  5. KenInEscazu

KenInEscazu Gold Member

Status Points:
    Most online merchants won't give you miles for phoned in orders, but I did call in one of my Bose orders (Jan. 2012) when I had an issue with the web site. The agent did enter the order with the credit.

@bungalow1225 - Sorry to hear that you didn't get your miles. Wish I didn't have so much experience with this topic, but it seems that buying a high quality product at a premium price has paid off in terms of customer service with this company. Just a suggestion, but I wouldn't let it go. 1500 miles is enough to warrant another attempt at phoning in to ask for help from a supervisor. They have always treated me quite well. Good luck to you.

bungalow1225 and Travelsavant like this.
  6. KenInEscazu

KenInEscazu Gold Member

Status Points:
    Oh... I also tried changing brands, as the expense of replacing so many was painful. I bought Audio Technica from J&R for $149. The sound was very good - surprisingly so - but the cushions around the ear are just enough smaller than the Bose so as to make my outer ear hurt after about 45 minutes of wear. I still use them as loaners to my girlfriend and daughter when we travel together, but they have smaller ears than me. I'm back using Bose QC 15s. ::heavy sigh::

Travelsavant likes this.
  7. desamo

desamo Gold Member

Status Points:
    FWIW, I got my miles for my QC-15s, though I did buy them late last year.

Travelsavant likes this.
  8. Travelsavant
    Original Member

Travelsavant Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks all for the info: QC headphones=great/UA miles=0. Maybe I'll go with the 1200 bonus offer from AA as not too many complaints about miles posting eventually!