BOS to LHR on star alliance

Discussion in 'Star Alliance' started by coolsideofthepillow, Jun 8, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. coolsideofthepillow

coolsideofthepillow Active Member

Status Points:
    What is the best route BOS LHR?

Sitting in YHZ at 11pm which is 2am local, not departing for another 1.5 hours thinking there must be something better than this!

Come on UA/CO, surely there is a market for Boston-London?

2. Sean Colahan
    Original Member

Sean Colahan Gold Member

Status Points:
    That's a very good point. Now with DL, both OW, and ST have BOS- LHR. Biggest Star carrier at BOS is US, and they dont have any TATL. I wonder with new UA is they might take a int'l 757 and put it on the route? ( I did hear a rumor that Virgin might make a play for Star membership?)

3. Sean Colahan
    Original Member

Sean Colahan Gold Member

Status Points:
    And why are you flying through YHZ? With Star options BOS-LHR are AC through YYZ, UA through ORD, and iAd, us through PHL and CLT, LH through FRA, or Swiss through ZRH. Your right, there should be some sort of direct by a star Carrier. Didn't BMI serve BOS in the past?

4. mowogo
    Original Member

mowogo Gold Member

Status Points:
    Also, you may want to look at using your complimentary status match link with Continental to get the credit on Virgin Atlantic.

5. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Not that I know of...they did have ORD and LAS for a while.

VS is the closest to a *A partner and that works with CO right now for both earning and redeeming. With the limited slots at LHR and limited feed through BOS versus ORD/EWR/IAD I'm not particularly surprised that CO/UA isn't trying for that market. Yes, the 75s are relatively cheap to operate but that doesn't mean they can be profitable, especially on what would essentially be a straight O/D market. Now if LH/BD wanted to give UA/CO one of their slots at LHR and then leverage the ATI++ to work feed/marketing/exposure then maybe something would happen, but that seems unlikely at way too many levels.
    AC has service from many cities, not just YYZ. And not having to connect in YYZ can be quite beneficial in many cases.

Sean Colahan likes this.