Booking with Rocketmiles

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by adrianors, May 30, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. adrianors

adrianors Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hi all,

I am going to NYC next weekend and just got an email that I could get 5000 bonus miles with any FF program if I booked my hotel with them.. My question is, I am trying to retain my gold and maybe go Diamond with Hilton this year, will the nights I book with Rocketmiles count as qualifying elite nights for HHonors? Also, will I get the perks booking with them? In their website they mentioned something that brought me to that question:
    "
    Will my Rocketmiles reservation count toward elite status with my hotel's loyalty program?

Many of our frequent travelers have told us that they often DO receive the benefits they are eligible for based on their existing status, and that their stay counts toward their hotel loyalty account. However, we are unable to guarantee this as each hotel loyalty program does not make the same guarantee to us, and has advised that situations are treated on a case-by-case basis, with the ultimate decision being made by the specific property's reservation management staff."

Any ideas?

Thanks!

2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    No, they won't count.

Also, the 5000 bonus has a 3-night minimum.

adrianors likes this.
  3. Mrlasssen

Mrlasssen Silver Member

Status Points:
    My experience booking with Rocketmiles is that the rate is more than booking directly with the hotel. In some cases it is worth it, especially if you get some kind of bonus. Example, last booking cost me $120, hotel rate on their web site was $105, but received 4,000 miles. So, worth it this time. But, when I checked out I asked for a receipt, the amount on the bill was $89 per night. I guess this is how Rocketmiles pays for the miles and makes a profit.

4. gconnery

gconnery Silver Member

Status Points:
    On another board people are claiming that they are being quoted the 5,000 bonus even on one night stays and that the T&Cs on the email might mention the 3-night stay but the T&C's on the website don't so they're going ahead and taking screenshots. Obviously a bit unknown what will happen.
    My experience is the same. Its only been worth it for me when they've run a particular bonus like double points or whatever. Or the rates are low enough for a one night stay that I can get work to pay for it anyway. Most of the time though I can't/don't use them.

adrianors likes this.
  5. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    The hotel programs that I know don't have decisions about whether a rate is eligible made by the property's own staff rather than the chain's program headquarters setting the rules.

Of course, some stays will post by mistake but could be removed later, even after the end of the year when it's too late to add an additional stay to retain status.

adrianors likes this.