Booking the Free Weekend Night

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by Eloy Fonseca Neto, Jun 16, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Eloy Fonseca Neto
    Original Member

Eloy Fonseca Neto Silver Member

Status Points:
    Is anyone else having problem booking the free weekend night on the site? Everytime I try to login, the webpage just resets asking for my logging information again. I've sent them an email to try and book via the Ambassador Service Centre, but that takes time and it's not always what you wish. Please leave your comments here if you're having the same trouble as me, or if it is just my internet.

Thanks

uggboy likes this.
  2. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    PC website problems...NEVER...;)

I'm sorry to see there are issues...again...:(

TheBeerHunter and uggboy like this.
  3. TheBeerHunter
    Original Member

TheBeerHunter Silver Member

Status Points:
  4. Eloy Fonseca Neto
    Original Member

Eloy Fonseca Neto Silver Member

Status Points:
    TheBeerHunter likes this.
  5. DJP_707
    Original Member

DJP_707 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the link it worked great. However I hate that you have to book a higher costing rate in order to get your free night.

The certificate rate is almost $47 more than the corporate rate!
    I also noticed that they quote you an average nightly price.
    After I made the reservation I see that they allocated $359.99 for the first night and $290 for the free night.
    So I'm really paying $82.11 for my free night.

$277.88 CAD
    [​IMG]
    $324.99 CAD
    [​IMG]

6. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yeah that's the biggest gripe after they started requiring you to use the IBAMB rate code.

You can argue that it's not really free, but still compared to paying the full rate it's not that bad. :)

7. volsfan

volsfan Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have never seen any written information about how to use this award, or any information that I actually had the award in my online Priority Club account. I was told by telephone customer service that it was there, and I had until September to use it. When I made the reservation via telephone, they had no problem locating it and making the reservation. I will have to say that I had problems with the billing upon checkout--the assistant manager did not know how to run the billing initially, but finally got guidance from higher up on how to do it!

8. TheBeerHunter
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Are you talking about the free night from the Visa card? That's different than the BOGO. And, you're right -- it's I think quite deliberately not obvious that you have it nor how to use it...

9. volsfan

volsfan Silver Member

Status Points:
    You are right--I was referring to the free Priority Club Visa card night--I apologize.

TheBeerHunter likes this.
  10. TheBeerHunter
    Original Member

Status Points:
    No worries. The free Visa night is in some ways a little better, since its good for any night of the week and you don't need to pay for another night in conjunction in order to use it! :)

viguera likes this.
  11. lichenlt
    Original Member

lichenlt Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have this card, almost forgot it came with a free night. How do I redeem this?

12. Jenny & Curt
    Original Member

Jenny & Curt Gold Member

Status Points:
    You can probably see the award online. I booked mine by phone, though.

lichenlt likes this.
  13. TheBeerHunter
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Actually, you can't see it online. You have to call to use it.

They use standard award inventory for this, however, so if you can see an award night at the hotel you want to stay at, you can use the Chase free night for that stay. But, unfortunately, for now, you have to call to book it. Hopefully they change that soon.

lichenlt likes this.
  14. lichenlt
    Original Member

lichenlt Silver Member

Status Points:
    priorityclub.com is so frustrating. sometime ago I accidentally selected King Executive as my preferred bed type, now every time I search for a hotel, they'll match my preference and not show other types of rooms. I tried to change the preference, it just doesn't work.

15. JosephMay

JosephMay Gold Member

Status Points:
    Does anyone know if the BOGO Certificate is good on a Thursday & Friday Stay at the Istanbul Intercontinental Ceylan hotel as is the custom in the Middle East Properties?
    Or Does it follow European Practice?

Thanks I've been asking and no one knows for sure. I'd be interested in using it November 15 & 16, 2012

I am not an Ambassador currently but have enough points to buy in.

16. JosephMay

JosephMay Gold Member

Status Points:
    As a follow up I have already called the IC phone number and they couldn't/wouldn't answer my question as I'm not currently an Ambassador.

17. worldexpress

worldexpress Silver Member

Status Points:
    JosephMay, apparently not. I tried a dummy booking and got the following message for 11/15 check-in: "There are no rooms available for your requested travel criteria. Please consider modifying your preferences or requested reservation dates."

The rooms are, however, available for Fri. 11/16 check-in with the lowest (Standard Room) BOGO rate of €225/night.

The hotel is listed under Europe; my guess is the property follows non-Middle East BOGO rules.

18. JosephMay

JosephMay Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks! I appreciate your effort. I unfortunately am going Sunday and Saturday and will miss the weekend.