Booking Single vs Double Award Seats

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by squinlavin, Mar 7, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. squinlavin

squinlavin Member

Status Points:
    If I'm searching for a flight and the super sAAver business is 37.5k for 1 passenger yet not available for 2 does that mean there is only one seat left at that level? In other words can I book two single reservations? I don't want to risk booking the first then not being able to afford the higher price of the second for a spouse.

2. bucketlist
    Original Member

bucketlist Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yes, only one sest is available. It is ten times harder to find two saver seats on same flight.

squinlavin and skyvan like this.
  3. skyvan

skyvan Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yeah you can definitely book 2 single reservations. Just make sure you have enough miles in your account to start with. The only thing to watch out for is that with two single reservations in the event of a cancellation you may get reaccomodated separately, particularly if one has status and another doesn't since linking of reservations doesn't work the way it should.

squinlavin likes this.
  4. squinlavin

squinlavin Member

Status Points:
    Good point with the rebooking, if I have an Executive AAdvantage card does the extension of status remain through reaccommodation? Also, if I book the first flight and then can't purchase the second, can I cancel the reservation within say 10 minutes and get the points back or am I locked in? I was a long time Delta flyer until recently, surprise and this is my first award booking.

gregm likes this.
  5. gregm

gregm Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have to ask..why did you make the change?

6. squinlavin

squinlavin Member

Status Points:
    Recent devaluations in the way you earn on Delta. Plus they raised the annual feel of the Amex Platinum to $195. For $200 I got the citi Executive for the first year with 100k and am trading my delta points with a friend for some amex converted to BA for upcoming trips. Admiral club will be nice as well as checked bag free.