Booking revenue CX tickets in I through AA.com

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by ballardFlyer, Oct 23, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. ballardFlyer

ballardFlyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Cathay's site shows I inventory (deep dis biz) for sale, but when I try to book CX flight numbers via AA.com it's only showing D fares for the same date. The flight is not an AA codeshare either. Can a phone agent at AA get the I ticket?

I wanted to buy on AA.com to use a couple of big e-vouchers I have.

2. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Are you certain you'll be able to use the voucher on that itinerary? AA does seem to have some limits on what types of oneworld itineraries it will allow vouchers to be used for.

Here's a link to AA.com's page on vouchers: LINK.

Note this section:

All transportation vouchers issued by AA or American Eagle are valid for travel on AA, American Eagle and AA codeshare flights (AA*).

These vouchers are also valid for travel on oneworld itineraries where AA or AA* is the international carrier.

Note: For oneworld itineraries, international flights are defined as transatlantic, transpacific and flights to and from South America. Flights to and from Alaska, Canada, Mexico, Caribbean, or Central America are not included.

ballardFlyer likes this.
  3. ballardFlyer

ballardFlyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thank you DestinationDavid - I didn't see the details on the restrictions. I guess I will have to book a AA* codeshare flight and connect out of SFO or LAX instead of YVR or use them on another flight. You are always so knowledgeable and helpful!

4. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    You're welcome, and no problem, any time. :)