Booking on web site

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by sfo1, May 8, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. sfo1
    Original Member

sfo1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Am priority club member, want to book a HI Express in Frankfurt Germany. Want to use a company credit card to do so, it is a prepay, booking is for next December so hotel will have had payment way in advance and I would not have the cc used with me. However when I go to put in the credit card information it says "credit card used to make booking must be presented at check-in" I have tried talking to CS but it seems that all their reps are off shore and they are no help at all. Does anyone have a work around for this? I did email the hotel in hopes that they might have an answer but have not heard back.

2. I would bring a photo copy of the front and back of the CC and for sure bring another CC with you to amke sure you cover off incidentals. Also if the CC bill comes to you bring a copy of the charge when it hits your card and you should be ok.
    why will you not have the company CC with you?

sfo1 likes this.
  3. sfo1
    Original Member

sfo1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Because it is the owner's card, and we don't carry it with us. I also suggested your idea of the photo copy, as that is what I usually use, CS said no, hopefully the hotel will reply to my email and sort this out for me, if not I will use my own, or perhaps book elsewhere. If i book with a 3rd party, eg Priceline, Booking.com etc, there is never a problem, so I could book through one of them, but would like my priority points also

4. Remember that CS at ICHG are in the Phillipines and really don't understand the the fine points of prepaid CC usage. I have reserved pre paid rooms on my CC and my wife got there before me and just showed her ID and gave them her CC to cover. I dont believe you will have a problem. They already have the money and wont really care if you bring sufficient ID.

sfo1 likes this.
  5. sfo1
    Original Member

sfo1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yes, I agree with what your saying, I have never had a problem with doing this in the past. Are all CS outside of the USA? If this is so, this is really sad. I should just book another hotel just in protest to this.

Rosalia likes this.
  6. Rosalia

Rosalia Silver Member

Status Points:
    And unfortunately they are so unefficient and not helpful at all, they never respond to the question but just copy standard phrases...a hopeless case !

sfo1 likes this.
  7. sfo1
    Original Member

sfo1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Got a reply from the Hotel in Frankfurt. They were VERY helpful as opposed to the CS at HI. If it is a prepay they don't care what credit card I use as it will not be needed upon check-in, just mine for incidentals. Too bad that HI has chosen the offshore CS, certainly does not enhance the name HI or confidence that what you are being told is correct.

8. daninstl

daninstl Gold Member

Status Points:
    You could try a third party site like points hound that wants your money upfront.