Booking on other airlines websites.

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by Photonerd71, Nov 17, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Photonerd71

Photonerd71 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Probably not the best title but here is my probably dumb question anyway.

I am going to CPH in May for a cruise. I will be going from IAH to CPH. Looking on AA's site the Premium econ price is over $5,000 (Business class is actually cheaper:eek:) . The flights are all BA flights, when I look on BA's site the price is "only" about $2200 or so. (a couple weeks ago the price was the same on both sites, but now for some reason not so). So I just want to make sure that I will get credit on my AA account for the flights. (This one trip alone will put me at almost 16K eps's and a good way towards elite status next year with just one trip:D). I did see when I started to go through the booking process where I can enter my AAdvantge number. Just want to make sure that a) I will get credit for miles and points and b) there is not any major drawbacks to booking direct with BA.

I know this is a long winded and probably dumb question but I have only flown on US airlines before and don't want to spend all this cash and not get credit for the flights.
    Thanks

2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    No drawbacks at all for booking with BA when the flights are operated by BA. Arguably it is better for a few reasons, among them the cost savings you're seeing.

3. Photonerd71

Photonerd71 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks. I didn't think there was any drawbacks and a few pluses (the ability to pick my seats ahead of time at an extra cost of course :rolleyes:), so I will most prob pull the trigger soon.