Booking on BA.com - want to credit to AAdvantage?

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by dtc, Jun 14, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. dtc

dtc Active Member

Status Points:
    I'm looking at an itin that's $400 cheaper on BA.com vs AA.com (gotta love code sharing weirdness).

What's the best way to book and ensure that the miles go towards my EQM? (Do not want Avios)

Is it to book and then call and ask to credit to AAdvantage?

2. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    You can do it when you book on BA.com. See screenshot of the BA booking process I created for you below:

;;;;;;.JPG

The BA site will also recognize your status for seat selection, etc. Happy booking. ;)

MSYgirl, LETTERBOY and rwoman like this.
  3. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yep - I frequently make bookings on ba.com (one this morning actually) and have no issue inputting my AAdvantage number and getting credit.

:)

As a Plat, you should be able to select a seat as well.

MSYgirl and LETTERBOY like this.
  4. Photonerd71

Photonerd71 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Will this work on CX and Dragon air (sorry dont know the code) as well?

5. Canadi>n
    Original Member

Canadi>n Gold Member

Status Points:
    This works with all alliance booking sites. There is always an area on the passenger details page to enter a FF account number. Once input, the site recognizes your ONEWORLD status and allows you to make seat selection at no charge if that is the policy of the booked airline. I just booked some AY flights on its site and when it came to selecting seats (which usually cost $20+ depending upon which type of seat one selects, including bulkhead and emergency exit rows) I was not charged and could select the same variety as an equivalent elite in the AY program.

Mike Reed likes this.