Booking on Alaska

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by Billfunk1, Nov 8, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Billfunk1

Billfunk1 New Member

Status Points:
    I've got a batch of Alaska Miles and some Delta miles. I know they are partners. Can you combine miles to book? Trying to buy a one way to BKK for my son to return to school there. Also, why would some dates come up not available on Alaska when there are flights available with the partner airline (delta)?

2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    No, you cannot combine the points from the two programs to make a single award. Sorry.

As for the availability, are there low award seats available for Delta on those dates? If not then other carriers won't have access to those award seats.

3. Billfunk1

Billfunk1 New Member

Status Points:
    Ok. Thanks Wandering. I will check with Delta.

4. MileageQueen

MileageQueen New Member

Status Points:
    Booking one way on each could help your situation.

5. Seacarl
    Original Member

Seacarl Gold Member

Status Points:
    DL doesn't have one-away awards. AS does, but if you book on DL you pay the miles needed for a roundtrip

6. mrx900
    Original Member

mrx900 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I helped a friend book a trip to BKK using his DL miles (Dave...I know your reading this! hehehe) ...but I found their website search kinda sucky, and not so easy to find availability sometimes. Calling MileagePlan is so easy and the agents are super friendly..they can defly help you book a segment using your AS miles...