Booking on Air France

Discussion in 'Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan' started by sharris503, Aug 4, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. sharris503

sharris503 Silver Member

Status Points:
    FYI, it appears alaskaair.com shows phantom award space on AF. I just tried to book two tickets from CDG to SFO. Couldn't book it online so I called and was informed that they have a glitch in their system with AF and inventory will show that does not actually exist. You will know this is the case when you book the flight online and click to purchase an error message will come up saying award space cannot be confirmed with partner airline. The reservation desk can also check to see if the award space actually exists by inputting your traveller information.

Mike Reed and iolaire like this.
  2. Mike Reed

Mike Reed Gold Member

Status Points:
    Is it really unavailable from the AF side too? Eerily like starnet blocking.

Sent from my iPhone using milepoint

3. Bay Pisco Shark
    Original Member

Bay Pisco Shark Gold Member

Status Points:
    The AS contracts with partners generally provide that the AS customer has same availability as the partner's own customers (only in the saver/lowest-redemption category available). It sounds like AF is transmitting general, and not real time direct sell-type availability for viewing by AS customers.