Booking LAN Argentina (4M) with Avios

Discussion in 'British Airways | Executive Club' started by LXJenkins, Mar 13, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. LXJenkins
    Original Member

LXJenkins Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm having a heck of a time getting BA to see 4M availability on the EZE-MIA route despite it showing up as available using the KVS Tool and Qantas. Has anyone had any problems booking 4M using Avios - if so, what did you do to resolve your issue?

2. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    Ive never used Avios... but I do know that the MIA-EZE route is operating with very heavy loads, so expect to have limited availability and pay high fares. I have a contact in LAN Argentina's senior management and he tells me that average fares on this route are at all time highs.

IDGflygirl likes this.
  3. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    Lan Argentina has only one direct flight EZE/MIA If you check on ba.com you will see availiblity for various EZE/SCL/MIA but nothing for the non-stop. In fact ba.com seems to be unable to find any internal Lan Argentina flights at all... perhaps they are unaware that they are part on the LAN group:rolleyes:

A phone and the usual long wait seems to be in the books for you.

4. EZEIZA
    Original Member

EZEIZA Silver Member

Status Points:
    Total codswallop.....

First search AEP-MDZ 1st August brings up availability on the 12.20pm 4M service.

5. LXJenkins
    Original Member

LXJenkins Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've actually already spoken to 3 BA reps who all claim that there's no 4M availability on my preferred day of travel (despite Qantas and KVSTool showing otherwise). Is it possible that 4M award seats are available to Qantas but not BA?

6. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    What dates were you looking for? In the recent past both BA and AA has had problems (sometimes over extended periods) identifying LAN inventory ...in particular for periods that were further out.

This is perhaps is a stupid question but did you ask specifically for LAN Argentina..I do notice that checking ba.com LAN flights even those for LAN Argentina which I was now able to find tend to list them as LAN only or strangely in a few instances only as " LAN codeshares" .

7. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    You are right I stand corrected.

BTW congratulations for your first substantive post on the MP BA board.:)

8. LXJenkins
    Original Member

LXJenkins Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm looking at 4M Flight 4520 on April 4, 2012 in business class. I did not ask for LAN Argentina specifically - just LAN.

9. KVS Tool

KVS Tool Z Representative

Status Points:
    Those 2 C Award seats should be available. Be sure to ask for 4M specifically; if you just ask for "LAN", then the Agent will likely search for LA flights [only] (and won't find anything).

For other tips on dealing with Agents, please see http://Help.KVSTool.com/#AgentSaysNo

[KVS Availability Tool 6.9.6/Diamond - Amadeus: Awards/OneWorld/AU-QFA-SP1]
    Code:
    EZE  Buenos Aires Ministro Pistarini BA AR [SAEZ]
    MIA  Miami Intl FL US [KMIA]
    WED  04 Apr 2012 | 2 Seats

Carrier    Flight  From  Depart    To    Arrive         St  Availability
    ---------  ------  ----  --------  ----  --------  ---  --  ------------
    4M         4520    EZE   22:45     MIA   07:15 +1       0   CS+

10. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    Well there goes most of what I thought it might have been the problem:) .... I guess it just comes down to BA being able to properly/accurately see LAN inventory.
    It would be interesting at least for infomational purposes to call AA and see if THEY can see what EF and Qantas is seeing.

As to your earlier question I sincerely doubt QF is alloted additional inventory on LAN and EF (although their postings tend to be batched) usually matches whats visible on AA quite accurately.

Added after my intital post

I see KVS might have come to your rescue.:)

11. LXJenkins
    Original Member

LXJenkins Silver Member

Status Points:
    Well I just got through to a BA agent who could see the 2 C Awards (after requesting Lan Argentina specifically); however, she said the system wasn't letting her book it because, while the system was showing availability, it likely was out of date and was no longer available. Any thoughts?

12. LXJenkins
    Original Member

LXJenkins Silver Member

Status Points:
    This keeps on getting stranger and stranger. Spoke to another BA agent. She could see the 4 C seats but could not book them. According to her, these seats are being held for someone else (non Avios-user) and cannot be booked. I was under the impression that awards being held would not show up in Amadeus. Isn't that correct?

13. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    That is correct.. held awards are basically "removed" from the inventory so apparently what you being fed now is the BS to cover for a crappy booking system.

KVS Tool likes this.
  14. KVS Tool

Status Points:
    Indeed, there is no such thing as Availability on "hold".

http://www.BoreMe.com/posting.php?id=11470

15. LXJenkins
    Original Member

LXJenkins Silver Member

Status Points:
    That was my thinking. I'll keep plugging away and see if I can get a competent phone agent.

16. xrl789

xrl789 Active Member

Status Points:
    Sorry to reboot an old thread but LXJenkins did you ever make progress with this issue? Facing the same problem... KVS and Qantas show me 2 C class awards MIA-EZE on 11/16, but I've tried about almost a dozen agents now and no one can see it. I have also tried specifying 4M and asking for a long sell, but not having any luck (most agents won't do it... perhaps I'm not asking the right way... but the one agent who did respond to my request to "manually" request the ticket told me no availability on the 11/16 flight). Any more suggestions? Should I just give up and assume KVS is wrong on this one?

17. KVS Tool

Status Points:
    Welcome to MP!

LA and its affiliates are currently continuing to experience connectivity issues with their partner airlines.

Therefore, a Long-Sell is required to confirm the actual Award Availability on LA/LP/4M airlines:

http://Help.KVSTool.com/#AgentSaysNo

18. xrl789

xrl789 Active Member

Status Points:
    Thanks KVS representative! I actually did read that thread and tried asking for the agent to "manually search for the flight number and departure time". When they did, they actually could see the flight, but still said there is no availability in it. I also tried once directly asking for a long sell but that agent told me no. Do you have any other suggestions? Maybe I'm not wording my request for a long sell correctly?

Also, oddly, the agent is able to see availability in C on the 4M flight the following date (when KVS doesn't). But the next day unfortunately doesn't work for me :(

Thanks again!!

19. KVS Tool

Status Points:
    You would need to find an Agent who knows how (and is willing) to do a Long-Sell ...

20. xrl789

xrl789 Active Member

Status Points:
    Just wanted to provide an update - over the last two days I finally was able to get two separate agents to do a long-sell for me on the specific flight. Both told me "I will try a direct sell", and both said that the seats came back unconfirmed - there was no inventory. I think unfortunately KVS may just be wrong on this one - especially because the agents were able to find availability on the following day, but KVS says availability that day doesn't exist.

So wanted to give you a heads up KVS representative. I know there are issues with LAN's system, but is it possible KVS may be showing a false positive? :(

viguera likes this.
  21. KVS Tool

Status Points:
    While LA continues to experience these connectivity issues, the LA Award Availability results you are seeing via the KVS Tool, BA.com website (as well as the results that BA EC Agents are seeing on their screens) may well include false positive and/or false negatives.

The result of a Long-Sell (whether positive or negative) is the only definitive answer you can get under these circumstances.

22. abcx
    Original Member

abcx Silver Member

Status Points:
    So any update on this? Or does BA still have issues with seeing LAN space? I see LAN space on MIA-EZE at the low level on LAN but BA doesn't show the 4M flights.