Booking international rewards flights with alaskaair.com

Discussion in 'Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan' started by sharris503, Oct 10, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. sharris503

sharris503 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I don't know if anyone else has been frustrated by alaska's search engine for booking international awards flights with their partners Delta and American but I discovered a trick I thought I would share. You can look up the awards availability on the partner airline's website and then when you find a date on the partner airline's website you can plug that into the alaska search engine. For example. If you go to American Airline's website they have a calendar you can browse for available awards flights. When you find a date that is open on the calendar you can plug that date into alaska's search engine and you can book that american flight with your alaska miles.

2. CDKing
    Original Member

CDKing Gold Member

Status Points:
    Its the saver awards your looking for on DL and AA. The best bets are with partners that are only bookable on the phone. SO many good options then using a US based carrier

3. Bay Pisco Shark
    Original Member

Bay Pisco Shark Gold Member

Status Points:
    Nearly worthless. If even one segment is a no-go, you can't find anything at all (you won't even know that one way or one of your segments has availability).

Golfingboy, jackal and LETTERBOY like this.
  4. Edgewood49

Edgewood49 Active Member

Status Points:
    I have booked a number of International flights with points and have found the best way to do it simply call the awards desk and work with them. what you think you see on the airplane seat charts have no correlation to what the actual availability is of award seats.

If you don't get your flight the first time, keep calling you will succeed most of the time.

5. okrogius

okrogius Silver Member

Status Points:
    Seat maps have little correlation to revenue inventory sold, much less award inventory. Website checking can still be efficient and quick (and some of us don't like calling airlines any more than necessary) - you just need to look specifically for saver award space on the relevant website (which is dependent on what airline you want).