Booking first Business Class award!

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by habsfan, Jan 6, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. habsfan

habsfan Active Member

Status Points:
    Hi all,

Through reading this and other forums and blogs, I'm getting ready to book my first award trip in business class to Europe at the beginning of next September! My wife and I will be going to Frankfurt and Paris (ORD to FRA then CDG to ORD back), and both have enough United Miles and Ultimate Rewards points to reach 100,000 miles for round trip business.

I did some research, but wanted to get some opinions on business class products. It looks like a potential option over is LOT on the 787, and then on the way back Air Canada on a 777. From what I read, both of these products have lie-flat seats, but wanted to know what anyone else has heard or experienced or any other suggestions for booking. Also, we both have separate United accounts, so I assume we will have to book separately but just request seats together. There is also some United business class availability, although at less convenient times.

Thanks!

YULtide likes this.
  2. Phorever

Phorever Silver Member

Status Points:
    My wife and I are also looking to do Europe business class this year on United.

I was thinking of doing ORD-CDG and AMS-ORD

Bookmarking this thread

3. Taking AC both ways could be better for you as they have flights from both Europoean gateways; and who knows you might get a stopover in YUL and kiss the sacred ground of the Habs:D
    This might ease the frustration of doing the bookings on separate PNR's since both have to be booked individuallly.

4. guberif

guberif Silver Member

Status Points:
    Doing LOT in biz on the new 787 in April. Will also be the first Int'l biz trip for both me and the wife (thanks Milepoint!). Will try T-minus ~3 weeks to book one direction on LH F, but perfectly happy with new biz product on LOT (and on my first Dreamliner!)

5. holycow4

holycow4 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Be careful, once you fly in biz you'll never want to go back to coach ;)

6. Max M

Max M Gold Member

Status Points:
    Very true!

7. YULtide

YULtide Gold Member

Status Points:
    I can't speak for LOT, but AC does indeed have lie-flat beds. Given that these are in self-contained pods, not being together isn't quite as bad as it seems, although I'm sure it would still be preferable. AC's Executive First product on international flights is quite nice both in hard and soft product.

Congratulations on making your first biz booking. Hope you enjoy the experience and report back on how it went.

8. oneeyejack

oneeyejack Gold Member

Status Points:
    UA has a couple of options of lie flat seats too with a connection. I think UA's BF is a decent product minus the food. IFE isn't terrible either.

9. Tad's Broiled Steaks

Tad's Broiled Steaks Silver Member

Status Points:
    When will LO place its 787s on the ORD, then JFK routes? Also, how is LO's J-class catering at both of those airports and from WAW to North America?