Booking contact changed to second person in booking

Discussion in 'Qantas Airways | Frequent Flyer' started by flospi, Feb 18, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. flospi
    Original Member

flospi Silver Member

Status Points:
    Earlier this week I booked a flight for a friend and me. Logged into my Frequent Flyer accout, searched the flight, entered all the information (phone number, email) and booked it. Now I checked the booking again and my friends name is now the "Booking Contact", even though I checked it in my FF account and only my FF number is in the booking.

I don't expect I have to change anything about that booking, but if I have to, will I have problems? How did this happen anyway?

BTW: I have no real clue about the FF program. It's my one OneWorld program where I put the few miles I fly per year on BA, IB or QF.

2. Ewing
    Original Member

Ewing Active Member

Status Points:
    Let me guess - your friend's surname is lower in the alphabet?

When travelling with a colleague (my surname begins with E, his is D) he will always appear as the booking contact even though I've specified it as myself. The email/phone/etc is still mine though.

When doing the same with another colleague (whose surname begins with M) I will remain as the booking contact as specified at booking time.

It's been a good six months since I've travelled with someone else on the same booking, but I wouldn't be surprised if that glitch is still floating around.

But no, you won't have any problems especially as you're a passenger on the booking. I've changed bookings for other people when I wasn't even specified on the original booking as a contact (typically when away with a colleague on a separate booking and we've had a meeting run overtime or the meeting has adjourned to the pub so we need to bump the flights to a later one). They note down all your details for their records but that's about it.

-Shaun

flospi and straitman like this.
  3. straitman
    Original Member

straitman Silver Member

Status Points:
    I most certainly would not worry.

We have a trip coming up with four adults, one child and one baby. On each of the three legs the baby is listed as travelling with a different one of us. Does it really matter? NO!

flospi likes this.
  4. flospi
    Original Member

flospi Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks guys... as Shaun wrote, it's probably the alphabet things. I am pretty much at the end of the alphabet (S) and my friend is way up compared to me (K).

So, next step: fly to HID and have fun!