booking award ticket on SQ with united mileage points

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by dougnet, Jun 27, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. dougnet

dougnet Member

Status Points:
    I am trying to book one ticket one way from BOM-SFO for Jan 2013 and it shows 40 k miles on SQ
    and when i try to do that for 2 people it does not even show men SQ it shows me other airlines like united \thai\ air nippon but not SQ , will calling a agent and booking be a better option ?

2. genemk2

genemk2 Gold Member

Status Points:
    That probably means that SQ has only released 1 seat to UA for award ticketing. Unlikely that an agent will show anything different.

LETTERBOY likes this.
  3. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    FWIW, SQ is known sometimes (especially regionally) for only opening one seat at a time. With the 24-hour fee-free cancel rules I'd try to book one and then check for the second a bit later and see if it shows up. If not you're not really out much but a few minutes of time. If it does then you get the awards you were looking for.

NYCUA1K, jkchan83, genemk2 and 2 others like this.
  4. daemon14

daemon14 Gold Member

Status Points:
    This happened to me earlier this year. BOM-SIN was showing just 1 seat in Business and I needed 2. Booked the first one, a little while later, the second one opened up. Perfecto!

NYCUA1K likes this.
  5. dougnet

dougnet Member

Status Points:
    thanks guys .slowly but steadily I am getting a hang of this and " I am loving it "

NYCUA1K, tjtenor4, legalalien and 2 others like this.