Booking AP itinerary with short connection?

Discussion in 'Air Canada | Aeroplan' started by tomh009, Mar 10, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. tomh009
    Original Member

tomh009 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm looking to book tickets to AUA for myself and Mrs tomh009 for next month, and for the return flight, the best option is UA connecting through EWR to AC 773. That's a 1h05 connection, though, and EWR's published minimum connection time is 1h30. We both have NEXUS (Global Access) so I feel comfortable with 1h05 connection, though.

But because it's less than 1h30, AP doesn't offer it as an option. Does anyone know whether AP agents can override that? (At 2x $30 fee, I expect ...)

Of course I could just call AP but I thought I'd ask on MP first before sitting on hold. :D

2. I'm sure you can make it but what I'm not sure about is whether AE would actually give you the flight.

3. deant
    Original Member

deant Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    I suspect that they would not book the flight. Remember, if you miss the connection, they will need to rebook you. Also, just because you make it does not mean your luggage will make it (thus the airline may have to pay to deliver your luggage).

You can call and see but I would not hold out much hope.

4. tcook052
    Original Member

tcook052 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I agree that AP agent would be unlikely to override min. connect times (MCT) by a full 25 minutes. In some limited conditions where, for example, you'd had a sked change and the new times fell 5 minutes under MCT then I'd say it's more likely but can't see them ignoring them under your senario. Just MHO.

deant likes this.
  5. tomh009
    Original Member

tomh009 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks everyone, I'll route through PTY instead, then.

(Sent from my brain-dead Android device using milepoint)