Booking a Hotel for a Wedding - Not On Event Block

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by nonstopski, Feb 3, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. nonstopski

nonstopski Silver Member

Status Points:
    Wedding I'm attending has a block of hotel rooms at a hotel. I was thinking of booking at the same hotel, but using a hotel promo code for $50 off from a travel suite, which would make it cheaper than the block rate.

I assume that is ok, or would that be tacky?

2. Mark
    Original Member

Mark Admin Staff Member

Status Points:
    It may depend on if they're counting on a certain percentage of rooms to be filled. If you're crucial to meeting that, then it wouldn't be the best. If not... I don't really see the issue.

3. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    There are a variety of reasons being part of the group block is a good thing when booking in at an event. If the hosts have set up anything special for arriving guests then that would only go to the block, for example. And there's the part where you help the organizers make numbers when it comes to meeting the overall commitment to the property.

Even though it is nice to save a few bucks, when it comes to events and room blocks I typically err on the side of participating in the negotiated rate.

Mark likes this.
  4. DavidRelter

DavidRelter New Member

Status Points:
    Booking a hotel for wedding would be great if hotel is providing with best service to our guest,s such as prompt room service. It would be even better if they are providing with hotel safes to their customers, so guest’s will be relived from the tension of their valuables getting stolen.