Booked New C Using BMI Miles!

Discussion in 'Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer' started by Saracen, Jul 3, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Saracen
    Original Member

Saracen Silver Member

Status Points:
    Had to arrange a last minute SIN-HKG, so rang BMI and was offered availability on A380s and 77Ws. By the time I booked, the A380 seats were gone, but I'm in C on the 777-300ER. Cost me 22.5k + £150 + £60 taxes, which is fantastic compared to 30k to upgrade one leg with KF!

I know it's not the first time, but just thought I'd post this as a data point.

Edit: unfortunately, I was too late to get row 11 or 14 :(

savydog, JohnDeere19, cennas and 3 others like this.
  2. cennas
    Original Member

cennas Gold Member

Status Points:
    Nice! I have to try it sometime soon!

savydog and SQ LPP like this.
  3. Saracen
    Original Member

Saracen Silver Member

Status Points:
    It might also be the fact that SIN-HKG is not long-haul. Plus, last time I travelled, about a month ago, the flights weren't very full. Not sure how much hope can be held out for getting onto a SIN-LHR, or SIN-SYD.

savydog and SQ LPP like this.
  4. Saracen
    Original Member

Saracen Silver Member

Status Points:
    Interestingly, I rang to see if they could get me onto the one-hour-later outbound, which is on an A380, and they claimed to have availability, but when they tried to book, the system “wouldn't let them”. I don't know whether it's because I'm now inside 48 hours before departure. I'll try again today.

savydog likes this.
  5. Saracen
    Original Member

Saracen Silver Member

Status Points:
    Same response again. Two seats available on the A380 flight, but when they tried to book, it threw up an error. Is this normal for new C, or should visible availability always be bookable.

Anyway, I'm resigned to flying in the 77W, though I should really be chuffed that I got on that!

savydog likes this.