Booked my first Frontier trip

Discussion in 'Frontier Airlines | EarlyReturns' started by maksim, Apr 13, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. maksim

maksim Silver Member

Status Points:
    Flying to Florida next week and F9 pricing and convenience had won out... even with the worthless miles. =)

Doing a one way from NJ to MCO, and due to firearms, would have to check at least 1 bag.

F9 TTN-MCO one way was $89, or $113 for the Classic Plus that earns 125% miles as well as 2 free checked bags.

Delta, was $140 before the checked bag fees.

Trenton Airport is 20 mins from the house, so it saves a ton of time versus driving to PHL, EWR, or god forbid into NYC. Was significantly cheaper than Spirit out of ACY for some reason too.

Factor in Free Parking, or the fact that wife would not have to get up at 3 am to drive me to PHL and then 2 hours to work.... happy wife, happy life.

Now they just need to make it a daily flight. I just hope TSA guys there are proficient as, as far as I know, I am the first to fly out of TTN with firearms. I have had no issues every out of PHL or ACY.

2. DenverBrian
    Original Member

DenverBrian Silver Member

Status Points:
    I wouldn't say F9 miles are entirely worthless - you can use them for a one-way award at 10,000 miles and there are actually viable options for that amount.

With the DirecTV at every seat and 31" seat pitch in the "cramped" part of the cabin, it's hugely better than Spirit.

3. maksim

maksim Silver Member

Status Points:
    the flight was very good in the Stretch seating.... Booked Classic ticket for $20 more and then another $10 upgrade for Stretch seating.... got 1A.

Was nice to get to airport and not have to wait a long time. Got there at 6:50 for a 7:25 departure, was able to check in 2 bags and a firearm. No issues at all, took off on time... in fact, people still going through TSA as plane was boarding.... tiny tiny airport.

Classic ticket was a great value, $110 + $10 for stretch seating for TTN to MCO. 2 Free bags, free in flight TV. I was only one in 1A, so 1B and 1C were empty.... sweet.

Flight was pretty much full... I would say mostly families and elderly folks going to Orlando for vacation. I did not see other business/sole travelers.

Frontier Miles STILL did not post.... even though it shows up in my iteniaries...... how long do they take to post?

Service... everyone was extremely polite and courteous... and truly seemed to enjoy their from, from the Pilot who hung out up front greeting people onboard the plane to the flight attendands. ...

I would gladly fly out of TTN for the convenience..... now I have over 100k miles to use on Spirit. :facepalm:

4. DenverBrian
    Original Member

DenverBrian Silver Member

Status Points:
    Frontier miles take about a week to post in my experience. Glad to hear things went well. Try 2A instead of 1A next time; the bulkhead seats aren't quite as stretch-y in their legroom as rows 2-4.

100K miles on Spirit? My sincere sympathies. :D :D :D