Booked BA F Award on BA.com—AA wants $25 /$23.40 For Plat to sit in Exit Row on American Eagle

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by Max M, May 19, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Max M

Max M Gold Member

Status Points:
    I know that it’s a long title, and a rant, but it pretty much sums this up:

I’m Platinum and made a booking on BA.com for an F Award on BA and Y [T Class] award on American Eagle. After entering my AA record locator on AA.com, American wants to charge me $23.40 [on AA.com]to sit in the exit row on my short American Eagle flight. I called The Platinum line to see what could be done, and I was told that I’d have to cough up $25 for a “reservation modification fee.” I argued that this was done on a OneWorld carrier’s website BA.com--- and the agent said it didn’t matter--- if it wasn’t handled by AA, even by British Airways directly, I’d be subject to the “reservation modification fee”. There was one work-around though… the AAgent said she could remove my BA Avios/Executive Club account number from the reservation, I wanted to keep it there in the highly unlikely event of IRROPS on my American Eagle flight.

#AAFeeTherapy

2. John777

John777 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Call AA and have them replace your BA FF number with your AA FF number. I've done this many times on AA flights booked with BA miles, and have had full access to Platinum benefits such as preferred seating and priority boarding. I've also changed and cancelled flights via BA after making this FF number change, so I don't think it'd have an adverse effect for you in the case of IRROPS.

#AndThisIsNotTwitter

travelinmike33 likes this.
  3. Aktchi
    Original Member

Aktchi Silver Member

Status Points:
    Without your AAdvantage number AA's system is not recognizing you as an AA Platinum. As suggested to you, call AA, get them to remove BA ff number and enter AAdvantage number.Then you can select seats online yourself.

I can't understand what your concern about irrops is. Flying AA metal and dealing with AA staff, you are likely to fare much better if recognized as an AA elite.

4. Max M

Max M Gold Member

Status Points:
    You're right.

It's more like Facebook.

Sorry that you didn't appreciate my brand of humor.