Book The Cook on Late Departures

Discussion in 'Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer' started by skyvan, Jan 20, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. skyvan

skyvan Gold Member

Status Points:
    Wondering about ordering Book The Cook for a late night departure on SQ62 SIN-DME-IAH. I know I can only BTC on the first leg, but I'm wondering if I'd get a more full meal if I was to BTC since i know there is only an abbreviated service on BTC on the late night flights, and this flight doesn't leave until 2am.

Any help would be appreciated, along with suggestions for BTC in F. I don't eat shellfish, pork, or mollusks. Help is much appreciated.

sobore likes this.
  2. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    There was a similar question (which I can't seem to find) asked a while ago. As I remember the answer was to call CS to request and confirm.

3. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    You don't get a more 'full meal' you book the cook for your entree, it replaces the entree you would otherwise have received.

I've got an F booking on SQ1 (SFO-HKG-SIN) coming up. No caviar, so satay, no dessert. Book the cook doesn't change that this is 'supper service' rather than dinner.

4. skyvan

skyvan Gold Member

Status Points:
    No satay and no dessert?
    MH does satay in business on routes that leave at 3 am!
    That's absolutely depressing. Making me think I may be better off skipping SQ first and just trying to find a wholly first booking on the way back. or even just flying back on China Southern for a roundtrip award on delta.

5. iolaire
    Original Member

iolaire Gold Member

Status Points:
    Did you do this trip? I'm looking for trip reports SQ62 SIN-DME-IAH. It seems like everyone does the trip the other way...

(For future reference I just found a non-video trip report in that direction: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip...ng-sea-aa-f-y-cx-f-sq-f-ua-f-dl-f-wn-y-4.html)

6. skyvan

skyvan Gold Member

Status Points:
    iolaire likes this.
  7. iolaire
    Original Member

iolaire Gold Member

Status Points:
    The trip report filled in most of my questions, but I have read that the catering out of DME is bad, did you experience that? Also were you awake for the DME - IAH segments?

8. SQ LPP
    Original Member

SQ LPP Gold Member

Status Points:
    DME-IAH is a 12 hours flight time. It really depends on the person with the body clock. Some would be able to stay awake for that segment. But no harm to take a nap in the middle of the trip. ;)

iolaire likes this.
  9. skyvan

skyvan Gold Member

Status Points:
    I set my body clock to sleep during the second and first legs, and when I got in to IAH, though still tired I went to bed at a normal hour (about 10pm for my 7am flight the next day which I slept on) .
    The catering out of DME isn't as bad as I expected but the butter isn't the same quality as out of SIN and other things are definitely noticeable. What I was surprised with was that they ran out of many of the food choices in F. I ended up eating a J meal because the only options left were pork and shellfish, neither of which I eat.

iolaire likes this.