Book by or travel by mile expiry date?

Discussion in 'Emirates | Skywards' started by travelinmike33, Aug 17, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. travelinmike33
    Original Member

travelinmike33 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have miles that expire November 30. Can I book a flight today using my Skywards miles for travel in December? Or does the travel have to be completed prior to the expiry date?

2. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    This information should be in the FF program's T & C. Alternatively, can you call them easily or send an email to ask the question?

3. travelinmike33
    Original Member

travelinmike33 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks. I had looked in the section on redeeming miles and didn't find anything, but didn't think to look for detailed T&C. I don't have a certain answer, but based on the following, it sounds like miles can be used prior to expiration for travel after expiration. Emphasis mine.
    There is also similar language for partner flight rewards and upgrade awards.

Terms and conditions can be found here: https://www.skywards.com/standardpopup.aspx?ID=tcm:431-506871&source=Standard

They are linked on the front page of skywards.com.

4. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    I guess I'm not convinced and this is a sufficiently important question that I think you should check it out carefully before risking the loss of your miles. It's also the sort of thing that even if you get an answer here, you would be advised to verify it yourself.

zooey likes this.
  5. eightblack
    Original Member

eightblack Silver Member

Status Points:
    My understanding is that you will be fine. If your miles are valid (ie now) and you book a reward ticket, you have up to 12-months in which to redeem (that doesnt mean "travel") that means actually redeem. I've looked at the T&C's and there's nothing specific, but a quick call to Skywards should sort it out. Call Dubai and ask. If you dont get the answer you want, call again. Skype is your friend...:)

TRAVELSIG likes this.
  6. I don't think so, But I suggest you to once to contact with enquiry centre.