Book awards by August 12 for 50% fewer BA miles

Discussion in 'British Airways | Executive Club' started by jmrich1432, Aug 3, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. jmrich1432
    Original Member

jmrich1432 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just received this email from BA....

Dear Ms jmrich1432,
    Get 50% off with your BA Miles. Wherever you want your reward flight to take you, you’ll need 50% fewer BA Miles if you book by 12 August 2011.
    So you can go either sooner or further than you expected. And use 50%
    fewer BA Miles on British Airways, whether you fly in World Traveller, World Traveller Plus, Euro Traveller or Club Europe.
    If you’ve got a promising collection of BA Miles, this is too good to miss. Just pick a destination on your must-go list and book before the ten days are up.

Haven't done any searches on this yet, but thought I should share! Does anyone know if this will work with partner awards or only on BA metal??

Silferlood and JohnDeere19 like this.
  2. MaryDarling

MaryDarling Silver Member

Status Points:
    This doesn't appear to work with First or Business -- is that right?

3. MaryDarling

MaryDarling Silver Member

Status Points:
    Found the answer in the small print:

A Qualifying Flight is a single sector or return redemption flight in Euro/World Traveller, Club Europe and World Traveller Plus cabins for any route flown on BA mainline scheduled services with a BA prefix, but not on services operated wholly or partly by BA’s franchisees, codeshare partners or oneworld™ alliance members. For the avoidance of doubt travel in First class or Club World are not Qualifying Flights and not considered as part of this promotion.

jmrich1432 likes this.
  4. jmrich1432
    Original Member

jmrich1432 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Club europe is intra-europe biz class, but the others are all economy/premium economy. I just did a search for biz/first and they totaled normal redemption rates.

5. PanAm
    Original Member

PanAm Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hmm, we'd earmarked some BA miles for S America trip but might be worth checking this out, should have enough to spare with 50% off.

BA.com is pretty much hosed right now, no surprise. I love the error message though, where it states "We're sorry, but ba.com is very busy at the moment, and couldn't deal with your request" I feel like saying that at work most days - I just can't deal with you right now, buddy!

jmrich1432 likes this.
  6. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    If you transferred Amex MR points to BA last week...your 16,667 MR points would have gotten you 25,000 BA miles...which would be a TATL flight in Y.

I priced out some random dates in the future, and LAX-LHR was faring at $1,428. Although there are some co-pays, this could be the highest valuation of miles for a Y award that I've ever seen. Approaching 7 cpm (assuming some co-pays).

7. HighPlainsDrifter

HighPlainsDrifter Silver Member

Status Points:
    London Olympics, British Open, summer in the land of whisky using those worthless BA points - one way DEN/LHR/GLA late July 2012 in World Traveller Plus for 18,750 BA points and $230.35 YQ/taxes - looks like a 355 day forward cutoff for booking, July 23 appears to be the magic date when airfares into Heathrow get astonomical and awards disappear - Thank you, Mr J. P. Morgan! Thank you, Most Noble Airways of Britannia!