Bonus Point Question

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by IPBrian, Sep 22, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. IPBrian

IPBrian Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hey All,
    I am planning on changing my earning for PC to US Airways to get a few hits in the Grandslam. My question is once I do this...what happens to the PC bonuses? I usually get a least a few bonus points for promos etc. Do these post as normal or since I am not earning base PC points (as they will go to USair) will this hamper my bonus earning potential?

Toula and JohnDeere19 like this.
  2. Toula
    Original Member

Toula Gold Member

Status Points:
    Good question, unfortunately I have been wondering the same thing so don't have the correct answer for you.

3. IPBrian

IPBrian Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have a stay upcoming next week and will find out, but I really was hoping someone knew ahead of time. :)

4. Canadi>n
    Original Member

Canadi>n Gold Member

Status Points:
    Airline miles collectors have a variant of the bonus points promos that increases the miles earned. However, I would not switch to miles until you've qualified for next year's elite status with points, since going to miles will revert you to the much harder nights measure for status.

5. IPBrian

IPBrian Silver Member

Status Points:
    In the end, with USAirways set in as my PC earnings partner...all of the bonuses I would have normally received showed up on my USAirways account. Hope that helps someone.

kellio likes this.