Bonus EQM for "Y" class not appearing with each flight?

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by TravelerRob, Feb 2, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. TravelerRob
    Original Member

TravelerRob Silver Member

Status Points:
    I recently took several bumps on UA and two of the flights were rebooked into "Y" class. Thanks UA :)

When the flights posted they show something along the lines of:

UA xx3 Y Class SFO to SEA
    • 678flight miles
    • 678bonus for elite members
    • 0bonus for booking code
    However, the bonus EQM for the Y class shows up in my totals at the top of my MP Activity page. Anyone else noticing this?

I'm not "owed" the bonus miles so I really didn't mind that the flight showed zero. But then I saw that UA has a total of bonus EQM at the top of the page and it's out of sync with the individual flight data.

I wonder if UA is having some of the same issues CO is having with EQM and EQS showing up incorrectly on the website.

No big deal, just curious is all.

Thanks,
    RM

2. jswong
    Original Member

jswong Gold Member

Status Points:
    Refers to the RDM bonus for FAJCD (in March will include YB). There has never been a line entry for bonus EQM's

Jeff

goalie and traveltoomuch like this.
  3. traveltoomuch

traveltoomuch Silver Member

Status Points:
    Jeff is right. You probably got the EQM, but there's just no way to see it in that interface. You can make sure by adding up your expected EQMs for the year so far. I bet you'll see the expected bonus EQMs then.

I keep an occasional snapshot of my EQM total through the year, e.g. "On February 2, ua.com showed 10,435 EQMs, which covered XYZ-ABC RT; on March 5th, 20,765 EQMs, which added XYZ-FGH and XYZ-DEN RTs." Then, if I have to reconcile something like this, I don't have to look back very far. I don't even need flight-by-flight detail and accuracy, just the occasional snapshot.

cvsara and goalie like this.
  4. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hopefully they keep the sCO accounting system for this going forward which provides a detailed breakdown per flight. I assume they will since it is already part of the website that they're keeping, but until I see it I will reserve judgment.

Flyer1976 and chrislacey like this.
  5. TravelerRob
    Original Member

TravelerRob Silver Member

Status Points:
    Ahh, thanks guys. That makes sense. My bonus EQM does add up for the extra 50% for the two "Y" segments I got rebooked onto. I didn't realize the individual flight only showed bonus RDM which doesn't apply to "Y" class right now.

PS - I, too, hope the pmCO system stays. Although hopefully CO will actually fix the system they broke to properly display the data.

Thanks again,
    RM

Wandering Aramean likes this.